And Then There Was...

Soren

I ran outside to call my family.

"Si?" Marcello answers
"Get down to the hospital. Now!"
"Is everything ok? Do we gotta load up?!"
I laugh. "Naw, OG is up, nigga!" Oh, and before y'all judge me, my best friend is black And we talked about this; she says I'm allowed. Ok. Moving on.
"Nigga! You joking!!!!!"
"Just get down here," I say before I hang up.

I smile as I watch the nurses run into the room to check on Luis.

Nettie

I am so glad OG is up, but I'm not feeling too good. I'm gonna suck it up, though. This isn't my moment.

After the nurses do their checkup, the rest of the family swarm in, happy to see Luis.

"Yo, you good?" Alfie asks.
I give him a weak smile in return. "Nigga, I'm straight. Don't worry about me, though. Luis is up!"
Alfie smiles and returns to the previous conversation.

After a couple minutes, Drago comes in with a really pretty black girl. Yes! Finally, it's not just me around all these crazy Italians. I'm gonna go introduce myself. She's probably scared as hell.

I try to stand, but fail.

"Yo, Ma. You good?" Lia, Soren's sister, asks. I nod, not even believing myself.
"Yo, Soren! Come check up on ya girl!" She screams.

"Shut up! I'm good!"

"No, you're not. Now, he can either come in and talk to you or you can go out there and tell him your feelings and shit!" She whisper-yells. I roll my eyes.

I get up and start to walk to him. I don't get far, though, because, after a few steps, I pass the fuck out. BOOM!

I don't know what's happening around me. There's a lot of commotion and it all sounds garbled. The only voice I can make out is Soren's. I try to answer, but fail miserably.

Next thing you know, I'm being put on a gurney and wheeled into the emergency room.

Soren

Fuck! I run after them. "Excuse me! Be careful! That's my girlfriend!!" I yell as I watch them handle her, a little too roughly for my liking.

"Fuck..." I hear someone whisper.

"Hi there. W-w-why the profanities? What's wrong?" No answer.

"Um. Hi again. That's my girlfriend and I am super overprotective. So! With that being said, I suggest you tell me what's wrong before I beat you like you stole something," I whisper in the ear of the person who cursed. Oh, he just happened to be working on her as well.

"Uh, well sir, it seems as if she's having a miscarriage. We're doing everything we can to stop it," he says.

I don't hear the second part, though. I'm slowly backing out of the room, a hand over my mouth, so she doesn't hear my silent screams.