Mommy's (and Daddy's) First Months

Nettie

This month was the longest, but sweetest, of my life. Soren is so good with the babies. If I didn't have to provide the babies with milk, I wouldn't have to do anything. He literally does everything, from when they wake up until they go to sleep. I knew he would be a good father because of how he treats his nieces and nephews, but this is amazing. Especially since I've been feeling kind of nasty since giving birth. So much happens after that no one talks about. Like, the diapers you have to wear, and the leakage, and the pain you get from breastfeeding, and always being tired, and your insides taking so long to get back to how they were. It's a lot, but we're doing a good job. I'm ready to get back to work, though. There is a mission at hand!

"Babe! Are you hungry?" Soren yells from the kitchen. I yell back "YEAH!" and I go back to what I was doing.

"Who's mommy's perfect princess? Who? Who? Yes, it's you. Yes, it is. My Lil nugget, yes. That's you. Don't tell your brothers this, but you're my favorite. Yes, you are. Just kidding, boys. I love y'all too." I'm sitting on the bed with all three of my babies. Reina is in between my crossed legs. Leo and Valerio are in each of my arms. We're doing skin-to-skin contact so we're all just naked on the bed. They're wearing diapers, of course; I don't want to get any poop on me. But we're just chilling, vibing, connecting. They look at me with so much love in their eyes, I fall in love more and more as each second passes. 

Leo starts to cry and, pretty soon, Valerio follows. Reina just looks at them and yawns. I check their diapers and they're clean. They must be hungry. I make sure Valerio latches on first since he does it quicker than Leo does. But, pretty soon, I get Leo latched, too. Soren comes in and takes Reina. I prop my knees up so that the babies can be comfortable and I can keep my arms free. Soren hands me a plate of Ceasar salad. I wanted the lasagna he made last night, but I don't want to be eating hot food as I feed my boys. I gotta eat, too, you know.

Soren

I hold my baby girl in my arms and I smile. My Lil Queen is sassy and I love it. Nettie has been doing an amazing job, but I know she wants to get back to work. "Bro, we have a meeting tomorrow", I say while I take Nettie's plate from her. "Family has an update for us and we need to get on with the plan."

I see her eyes glow as she burps the boys at the same time. I love her so much. 

"What are we gonna do with the babies?"

"We can go with them to the meeting and when we are off to mission stuff, we can leave them with Marcel or Valencia."

"Alright. Babe, can you put the boys in bed, please?" She hands me my boys and I place them in their bassinets. She goes to the bathroom to brush her teeth, and then she joins me in bed.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

AN: Here y'all go! Thank you so much for your support and for keeping this story alive. Y'all are the only reason for keeping this story alive. I write for you and I hope you enjoy it because I enjoy writing it. The updates are slow because it takes me some time to get my thoughts together for an update. I will do my best to get this scheduling thing down now that school is over and I hope the updates become more frequent. Just bear with me!

Sincerely, Chocolate Drop