Dinner Part One

Soren

It's time for family dinner. I don't even see if Nettie is gonna go. I just grab my keys and hop into my 2016 Lamborghini SV in red. It matches my red Jordan True Flights and my red Bulls SnapBack. Other than that, I'm just wearing black and my gold chain that has all of Nettie's initials on it. I never go anywhere without it. Keep it close to my heart, ya dig? I also have one with all of my family members' first initial on it. The initial is the big piece and the back has the name engraved. That thing is real heavy so I keep it for special occasions.
Anyway, I get to my parents' house and open the door. "Ma! Pa! What's hannin?!" I chuckle when I see my mom come out with a pan, ready to beat my ass. "Why you gotta talk like that?! You sound so goddamn stupid, you ugly boy! That's how I know you belong to your daddy!"
"Oh, that's the only reason, Maria? Who you been fucking with?" my dad asks when he comes downstairs. She rolls her eyes. "After all these years, you still sound dumb! I couldn't fuck with anybody else and you know that! You'd kill they ass and I ain't even want to," she says.
I shake my head and give my Ma a kiss and hug my dad. "Yo son, we gotta talk" he says. I follow him into his office.
"You and Nettie are fighting. What's happened?" I sighed and told him the story about the Russians and shit. Man! If looks could kill, I'd be dead. "You know how I feel about her and I know how you feel about her too. Fix it." "But dad, I.... I...." "I don't give a fuck, filio! Fix it!" He slams his fist on his desk and walks out.
Damn, man. I know.
After maybe about 20 minutes, I get up and go back to the living room, just as Nettie was opening the door. She looks at me and I see hurt in her eyes. Fuck! I thought. I did that to her. I go up to her and try to touch her, but she walks away before I can.