Dinner Part Two

Nettie 

After my nap, I decided to get dressed. I'm wearing a mid thigh body con dress that's long sleeved. It's mid thigh, but my ass is big, so it rides the dress up. Anyway. I throw on my black booties with the chunky heels and start my makeup. I keep it simple and throw my hair into a bun on the top of my head. I put on my chain. I'm not a fan of necklaces so there's that. This one has all of Sallie's initials on it. Yeah, even though I'm mad at him, I keep him close to my heart always. He's the only family I have. I put on my three charm bracelets on too. They have the first initials of everyone in his family, everyone in the mafia or being trained for the mafia. I have three because I couldn't fit them all on one. Anyway, these gold accents are enough. I hop into my 2016 Lamborghini Gallado. I had dad for making me do this. I just wanna sleep and remember my parents. Damn, I miss them. But I ain't finna cry though. I pull up to the house and I see that Sal is already there. Oh great.
I park and I go in. He sees me and comes up to apologize, I guess, but I'm not ready to hear it, so I just walk away.
"Ma! What's hannin?!" I yell.
"Hi, mama's baby!" She comes out and gives me a hug. I laugh and hear Sal say "Ma! When I said that, you nearly beat my ass!" She responds, "cause she ain't stupid like you!" And I fall out in tears! Gahlee!
"There's my baby! I knew you'd show up!" Dad says and lifts me off the ground in a hug. "Hello to you too, pops." He looks at me as if to say, go talk to him. "Buh......" "Go," he replies.
I huff and walk up to Sal. "Can we talk?" He asks and I nod once.

*In the office*
I sit in one of the chairs and he sighs. "Come here, Nettie," he says.
"Naw, I'm good over here."
He grunts and pulls me out of my seat.
He sits in the same chair and pulls me into his lap. I pout and cross my arms.
"Don't be petty, Nettie." I roll my eyes and try not to smile. He's been making that joke for years.
"Listen. You know I love you, right? Right?!" I reluctantly nod.
"And you know I want to keep you safe, yes?" Again I nod.
"Ok, well I'm not sorry for trying to keep you safe. But I am sorry for what I said after that. You ain't no bitch, Nettie, and I'm sorry for that. You accept my apology?"
I think about it. "On one condition," I finally reply.
"What's up?"
"Whatever meeting y'all have regarding the Russians, I gotta be there. Now, I know you wanna protect me, but they killed my PARENTS, Sallie. And you know I'm a brat when I don't get my way. So don't say no."
He thinks about my condition for a minute then says.........