What's Up, Doc?

Nettie

I wake up in a hospital bed. How the fuck did I get here? I look around. Soren is sleeping on the chair, his head on my stomach.

"Baby. Wake up," I say.

Soren wakes up abruptly and looks around. "You good, nigga? You need anything?" He asks.
"No babe. I'm good. What's going on?"

He does this this where he rubs the back of his neck and gives it little pinches. He only does it when he's nervous or has bad news. "Well, you passed out." I nod and gesture for him to continue.
"Um. Well the reason you passed out was because you were having, um, a miscarriage. BUT! They got it under control so you're still pregnant." He rushes through that last part, but I hear him loud and clear.

"I'm pregnant?" I ask quietly.
He gives me a small smile. "Yeah, best friend. You're pregnant."
He still doesn't look too happy so I say: "I know you've always wanted kids, so I know it's not that. Maybe you just don't want them with me and my crappy DNA. So if this is too much for you, we don....."

"Can you shut the fuck up, yo?! I almost lost you today. Well, tonight. And hell yeah, I want you to carry my babies. I'm just still in shock about the pregnancy. I didn't want to find out this way. But stop worrying. I want all of your crappy babies. I love you," he says before kissing me.

I kiss him back and he lays on top of me, never breaking the kiss. He opens up my legs by pushing my left thigh so he can lay in between my legs. Then he kisses my neck and slowly begins to grind on me. I moan and the heart rate monitor shows an increase in my heart rate. Well, obviously. A beautiful man is making me feel good.

"See? This is what got y'all asses in this situation in the first place!" We hear.
Soren stops and lays next to me, pulling me to him.

Alfie walks in, smirking.

"You bitch," I say.

"Love you too, best friend." He blows me a kiss.

Soren

"What's up?" I ask Alfie.

"G needs to talk to both of you."

Nettie and I look at each other while my dad walks in.

"Yes, pops?" Nettie asks.

"Look. The Russians are not going to stop. Now, I know that we're happy about this pregnancy and all of that, but this plan has got to go through, especially if Nettie is going to be the decoy. Which, now that she's pregnant, I refuse to let happen. So, we're gonna find another person and Nettie, you can be that person's friend, so that you're involved but not the main concern. I don't know how yo baby daddy is gonna feel about that, but right now, it's the best we can do. This person can use your apartment and "live" with you so that you're still a part of it. We need to hold a meeting. We're discharging OG in a few days and you'll probably be here for a few more days too, princess. We'll work it out. Congrats to the both of you, even though I'm too young to be a grandpa. I need to go check on OG. Get some rest, Nettie, and stop this canoodling!" He laughs before be walks away.

I look at Nettie and give her a knowing glance. She gives me a half, smile before she pecks me on the lips.

Then she closes her eyes. I might as well get some sleep too.

A father. Damn.