Diagnosis

Sallie
"Mr. Battaglia?" I hear. I quickly stand to greet the doctor who came to talk to me. "Yes? That's me."

"Alright. We have a diagnosis for, Ms. Clarke, and it is not looking great."

"What's wrong with her, doc?! Are the babies okay?" I ask, in confusion and fear.

"She has pneumonia and bronchitis," the doctor says sadly.

I sit down quickly. I can't believe it.

"Can I see her? What's up? Is she gonna be stuck here in the hospital? Are the babies okay? Will they be okay? Will I get sick too?"

"We can follow me; I'll take you to her." As we walk, the doctor answers the rest of my questions. "It's best for her to stay here for the duration of her pregnancy since she's a high risk anyway. The babies were in a little bit of distress, but we got them under control. They're actually a little bit underweight, so them staying here will ensure that they get the nutrients they need before they come out into the world. Since you were with her, we're going to give you a week's worth of antibiotics and preventative medications so that you can be healthy. Oh, look. We're here. She should be awake. I know she's been asking for you."

"Thanks, doc," I say before I go inside.

"BAE!" I scream as I run into her arms.

Nettie
"Hey baby!" I say with a huge smile on my face. Soren gives me a huge hug and a sloppy kiss.
"You probably shouldn't be kissing me since I have pneumonia and bronchitis, baby," I say.
"Nah, you're good. I'm gonna get antibiotics and shit," he says with a smile.
"So doc, how much longer do I have to be here?" I ask.
"You'll be here until you give birth. Like I was telling your husband, your babies are underweight and you are already a high risk pregnancy. So, in order for us to monitor you and the babies, you're gonna be staying here."
"Okay, cool. One more question."
"Of course, ma'am."
"Since that other bed is empty, can Soren stay here? He gone need someplace to sleep after he gets this pregnant booty," I say.
The look on the doctor's face is priceless!
Soren busts out laughing.
"What?" I ask, confusedly. "Pregnant bitches need love too, ya dig?"
"Uhhh... ahem..... hmmm.... I don't see why that would be a problem....." the doctor stutters.
"Good, cause I woulda sneaked him in anyway," I say with a laugh.
"Baby, shut up! Fucking annoying!" Soren says between breaths.
"Fine. Never mind, doc. I'm annoying so I guess he not getting this annoying booty."
"Guh, stop playing. Thanks, Doc!"
"Yes. Anytime. Let me know if you have any more questions," the doctor says before he scurried away. His face was so red, y'all.

Don't look at me like that! It was a valid question!!!!