That One Phone Call

Nettie

When I wake up, I feel cold. That's when I realize that Soren isn't in bed with me anymore. I wonder where he is.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. From there, I check the time. Damn, it's late. We must have taken a bomb ass nap after our extracurricular activities.

While I think about our new status, I hear something break and someone says, "FUCK!" I rush downstairs to see Sallie picking up another vase to break. I say another because that sound I heard was the breaking of our ceramic vase.

"Yo, what the fuck, man!? What is wrong with you?!" This vase is my favorite and I am not having him break it. I rush to take it from him and the look he gives me is scary.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's ok, babe. What's happening?"

He grabs my hand and takes me into the office. 

Sallie

I can't believe it. That phone call was fucking ridiculous. I gotta tell Nettie what's going on.

When we get to my office, I pull her into my arms and I give her s kiss. She kisses me back and I prop her on the table. I start to take her....

"No, no, no. We are staying dressed. What the hell is your problem?"

I sigh and put my head in my hands. I start to cry and I hear Nettie whisper, "Shit."

She takes me hands and puts them around my waist. She straddles me and touches her forehead with mine. My breaths come out shakily and she waits for me to get myself together.

Once I am calm, Nettie asks me what's wrong.

"I just got a call. We gotta go to Italy as soon as possible."

"Italy? What's over there, other than the rest of your family?"

"This issue with the Russians is bigger than we expected," I begin.

"What does that even mean? What did they do now?"

"They........"

"Yes? What did they do?"

"They shot Luis."

She loosens my arms and gets off of me. "Luis as in....."

I get up, tears dry and nothing in my eyes but rage and anger.

...................

"Yeah, Luis, my grandfather."

Nettie's eyes turn dark and she smirks.

"So this is war, huh?" She asks.

I nod once.

She nods back and walks away.

Oh God. A silent Nettie is never good. But I don't have time to deal with that now. I gotta make sure my private jet is available to take us to Italy like, tomorrow.

I want blood and blood I will have.