I don't Know

Soren

Bruh. That meeting was crazy. I think we're just about to go see how Alf..

"Uh, babe?"

"Yes, baby?" I answer.

"I need to go to the hospital," Nettie says through her labored breaths.

I look at her with fear in my eyes. "What's wrong, baby? Shit. Are the babies okay? Are you having contractions? What the fuck?"

I can hear that her breaths are becoming harder and harder to take. "Please, baby. Just take me to the hospital."

I ain't never stepped on the gas so fast.

Nettie

Y'all, I have no clue what's wrong with me. My chest is killing me. It hurts to breathe and I have no clue why. I don't have asthma or anything. I am so confused. And I'm FREEZING!

"Babe, can you turn the heat on, please? I'm so cold. I need a coat or something, Jesus," I struggle to say.

"Babe? It's 83 degrees today. You're wearing a tank top and shorts today. You're sweating," I hear... or I think I hear.

"Well, it feels like cold water," I respond right before I pass out.

Soren

Oh Lord! She passed out. I'm less than half a mile away from the hospital. She's anemic and suffers from postural hypotension. They make her pass out all the time. I can make her come to within 10 seconds, but I'm driving now. FUCK! She passed out, maybe twice, since she's been pregnant. She's four months pregnant, dammit! She's not getting any oxygen to her brain or the babies. SHIT!

Alright! We're at the hospital! I stop in front of the emergency room, turn the car off, and run to get her out of the car. I run inside and put her in a wheelchair.

"Babe. Wake up for me, please? Wake up," I plead. I slightly tap her cheek. When that doesn't work, I rub her shoulders, kind of giving her a massage "Wake up; wake up; you're okay, baby. Wake up, Nettie."

I feel her rustling and I rub her face so she can regain consciousness faster. I give her a kiss and tell her she's in the hospital.
"SOMEONE HELP MY GIRL!" I yell as I wheel her towards the closest doctor.

"Sir? What seems to be the matter?" He asks.
"She's four months pregnant with my triplets. She complains of cold sweats and her face and shoulders are burning up. She also is struggling to breathe. I just helped her regain consciousness a few minutes ago because she passed out on the way here. Please, figure out what's wrong with her," I say frantically.

He takes her from me and wheels her into the nearest examination room. I find a chair and I sink.
My phone's ringing. It's Alfie.

-what's good?
-Ain't shit. I'm just worried about Gia, man. She's angry all the time.
-Can you blame her, though?
-Nah, bruh. That's why I defended her today. I got my Girl's back 120, you know that.
-*sigh* yeah. I do know that.
-What's wrong?
-Nothing, man. Nettie is in the hospital.
-Is everything okay?! Are the babies okay??
-*begins to sob* I don't know, man. I don't know.