Let's go!

Sallie

"Nettie! Come on! This meeting is in 15 minutes!" I yell from downstairs. I don't understand what takes her so long.

Before y'all ask, yes, this is the first of THE meetings. the ones about the Russians. If y'all remember, she asked if she could be a part of the operation and I said sure. Now, I'm kind of regretting it.

"Damn! I'm coming! Always gotta rush somebody!" Nettie is finally down the stairs.

"I don't understand what took you so long. All you're wearing is a pair of sweats!"

She mean mugs the hell outta me. "Soren Alessandro, don't come for me, I swear to God."

I chuckle and walk to the kitchen. "Here, I made you breakfast. You can eat in the car. Let's go." I give her the plate and walk to my cobalt blue 2016 Hyundai Electra. We're never flashy on our way to a meeting. I open the door for her and she slides in. I close the door and hop in the driver's side.

"You good?" I ask. She nods with a mouth full of hash browns. Ya boy throws down in the kitchen, ya heard?

We get to dad's house. When there's a serious issue like this one is, we meet at the OG's house, so here it goes.

"Yo, Nettie. You got everything?"

She lifts up her shirt, revealing her custom-made Ruger LCP handgun that I had made for her. I nod one time and get out the car so I can open her door. "You ready?"

"Yeah, Let's go," she replies.

Nettie

"Alright, looks like everyone is here. Let's begin," dad says.

"Yo! Nettie!!" I hear all around me. "Hey, y'all, long time no see!" I say to all of Soren's brothers and uncles.

"Yeah, that's cause Soren wants you all to himself," Uncle Alfie says before he winks.

Huh? I look at Soren and he's glaring at Alfie. Hmm, I have to talk to him about that later.

Anyway, I sit down in my usual seat. Yes, before y'all ask, I have a usual seat. We'll talk about how I earned that later. But now, onto this meeting at hand.

"Alright, everyone. As you know, the Russians are back and they're here for blood."

My leg starts shaking and Sallie puts his hand on my thigh and I calm down automatically.

"As we know, they tried a while back to get us and, unfortunately, they got two people who were important to us." Everyone at the table turns to look at me and I just make a gesture for dad to continue.

"Ok, so now we need a plan. We gotta ERADICATE THEM. I'm thinking we gotta make them comfortable. Befriend them, maybe. All I'm saying is that if we could find someone to lure them in, it'll be easier to blow all of their brains out one time, for Tina and Chris. May their souls rest."

I take a deep breath, letting a few tears escape.

"Babe... Nettie.... Nassiha..." I look up at Soren. He gives me a look, as if to ask if I'm okay. I nod one time.

"Pops, I just have one question," I say.

"What is it, Princess?"

I take a deep breath. "When do I start?"

All I hear is "HUH?!" from every single person in the room.

I continue. "You said we need someone to lure them in and be friends with them. When do I start?"

"Never, cause you're not going," Soren says.

I look at him. "Yes, I am."