I mean, I love you too.....

Soren

Did I just say that out loud?
Everyone smiles at me. "Good job," Vinny, my brother says.

Nettie turns around. "Good job? What's that supposed to mean?"

Vinny sighs. "Nettie, you're the only one who's in denial in this room. Soren has loved you for years and you're the only one who didn't know." Everyone nods in confirmation.

I roll my eyes. Thanks, guys.

Nettie says "Wait, no he doesn't. What about all of the hoes?"

I chuckle. "They're just hoes. I didn't even sleep with most of them. I was just trying to make you jealous."

"I don't know what to say," Nettie says.

"Yeah, you do," dad says. I look at him, confused.

"You know you love him like he loves you. Don't front."

"Uh, I mean, I love him buhhhh"

"Naw, naw, naw! Don't even try to deny it. We see how you look at him when he's not looking at you, which is all the time, by the way," Marino says. Marino is my other brother.

"Nettie, is that true?"

She's trying to avoid my gaze. I lifted her chin so that she has to look in my  eyes. "Do you love me?"

She sighs. "Yeah, I do. I love you like a favorite uncle; I'll protect you like my brother; I want to be your everything but...."

I cut her off. "That's what I've been trying to tell you forever. You've been my everything since you beat those kids up for me 19 years ago and -"

"Actually, it was 18 years ago."

I chuckle. "Naw, check the date. It's October 18th."

She thinks about it for a second and then her eyes light up. "You Remember the date?"

"Of course I do, ugly. I love you, remember?"

She laughs. God, her laugh. I hate to do this, but I have to cut that laugh off. I grab her face with both of my hands and I kiss her.

Nettie

I've been waiting for this forever. When he kisses me, I completely melt. I wrap my arms around his neck and he moves his hands from my face and grabs my waist.

His tongue asks for entrance and I gladly give it to him.

He starts to suck on my tongue a little bit and I moan.

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT!" Alfie says. "I guess this meeting is over. We'll talk about the details later. Right, OG?"

I have no clue what the answer is because I'm just holding my girl in my arms. I hear chairs moving so I guess this part of the meeting is over.

"Let's go, babe." She nods and we head back to the car.