Temper

Sallie

-"So, the Russians," I begin, "they're back." I see her eyes grow a little wider before going back to normal. "Cool, so what do you want me to do wit'em?" She asks. "You know I don't like you in this shit." "I know, but that's not what I asked."

-I shake my head. "Forreal, yo, chill. I got this," I say. "I don't give a fuck what you got. These muhhfuckkas killed my goddamn parents, nigga. And besides, I don't listen to you anyway. And another thing, you had no problem when I was making drops and shit at the warehouse." "I know, man, but-" she cuts me off. "Naw, fuck this shit, man! I'm out. Don't tell me shit if I can't do anything about it."

-I pull her back before she has a chance to leave. "Yo, it's not even like that. Calm the fuck down! I ain't tell you this shit for you to blow up like this. I'm just letting you know. I don't know what the fuck we gon do. I'm just telling you this shit if the family talks about it so you aren't surprised. So go on out here with all this bullshit, man! If you wanna be a bitch, then that's cool but don't take your anger out on me. That shit is dead." She stares at me for a second, flips me off, then walks away.

Nettie

Stupid bitch ass nigga! I know he's trying to protect me, but shit man! I storm off to my room and slam the door.
He's so damn hard headed sometimes, acting like my goddamn father. Who, by the way, was killed by the Russians! The same Russians that are back. This nigga is acting like I ain't never killed anyone before. We both know my trigger finger been itchin since the last time.
I throw myself on my bed and soon after, I get a phone call.
-hello?
-hey baby girl. What's up?
-hey, daddy. (It's Sallie's dad. So basically my dad)
-don't forget. Family dinner is tonight.
-(Rolls eyes) I don't know about dinner to--
-you haven't missed family dinner in years and you're not about to start.
-I know, but Sallie and I got into a fight and I....
-and we'll figure it out at dinner. I'll see y'all at 6.
-b....
Too late, he hung up. Now I have to go see that Battaglias. I'm taking my own car. Fuck him.