Granddad

Soren

We find my grandfather's room and go inside. He's hooked up to so many machines. I feel like they've added more since the last time I was here. I stop right before I get to him. I can't make it any farther. He's not Luis. He's not. While I'm trying to get my composure together, I see Nephthys go up to him and take his hand.

Nettie

"Hey, OG. It's me, Nettie. I have so much to tell you," I start off. I pull up a chair and sit down before I take his hand again.
"So, where do I start? Well, I'm 23 now. My birthday is in 2 weeks. I planned on having a party and inviting you. But now I don't know.

Um... What else? You don't have any great-grandchildren yet, but you need to be around to meet them, ok? I'm not trying, but Sallie and I are together now, so you never know. Well, you knew we would get together though, didn't you? You were the first person to say that we would get together. Remember that ?

Oh! Remember when you used to take me to the park and push me on the swings when I was about 7? My feet couldn't reach the ground and so you *chuckles and wipes some more tears* pushed me until I was high up enough. Then we used to get ice cream. You always judged my life for wanting vanilla when you always got chocolate. What did I tell you? That I was chocolate enough for me and that ice cream; remember that? It was an old joke, but you loved it.

And do you....."  I stop because I feel his finger twitch. I hold his hand tighter and he squeezes back.

"Oh God! Sallie come here!"

Soren rushes over and asks me what's going on.

"He squeezed my hand! I felt it! I swear to God! That's a good sign, right?!!"

"Baby, I don't think...." He begins.

"You were always loud, you know that?" We hear behind us.

"Well, stop staring and get me some water, will you?"

Soren rushes to get a nurse while I get Luis some water. "Welcome back, OG," I say, smiling.

He smiles back and says "good to be back. Now, who do we have to kill?"

I smirk. "You have no idea."