On The Way

Nettie

It's been a week since the last time Sallie spoke to me. He's going through it and I get it, I guess. But right now, I'm going to the hospital to see about Luis. I get up and shower. Once I'm out and lotioned, I grab some clothes from the closet. Once I'm satisfied, I get dressed. I decide to wear my black leather skater skirt and my orange strapless bustier crop top. It has  cutouts on top of the boobs. For shoes, I wear my royal blue strappy high heeled sandals. Since it might get a little chilly, I grab my creme colored knee length cardigan. It's not knitted, but still a cardigan nonetheless. After I give myself a natural beat, I head down the stairs.

"Where you going?" Sallie asks me. I roll my eyes and say, "Oh! If I knew you were going to talk to me, I would have gone out sooner."
"Nettie, shut up, man. You don't understand what I'm going though right now and you just be....."
I raise my perfectly sculpted eyebrow and walk up to him slowly. "I don't know who you think is standing in front you, but I don't want to know. Have we forgotten that my parents are dead? Have you forgotten that they were on life support for 2 weeks? Oh, I know. We must have forgotten that I am here in this foreign ass country on my goddamn way to see YOUR grandfather after you IGNORED MY ASS FOR A WHOLE FUCKING WEEK FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER! You have selective memory because I HAVE BEEN HERE! THIS WHOLE TIME, IVE BEEN HERE FOR YOU! NO MATTER WHAT, I'VE BEEN HERE! WHENEVER YOU'RE UPSET, YOU ACT THE SAME FUCKIN WAY AND IGNORE THE PERSON WHO'S BEEN DOWN FOR YOU. GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT!" I turn and begin to walk out the door. I've left him with his mouth hanging open. Good. He deserves it.
When I get to the car, someone opens it before I can do it myself. I look and I see that Sallie has opened the door for me. I roll my eyes and slide in. "Hey look, can I go with you?" He asks. I look straight forward while I nod. He slides into the passenger's seat and I begin to back up out of the driveway and towards the hospital.

*on the way*

Sallie

Damn it, y'all. I fucked up. I don't know how to deal with stress. And she's right; I do take it out on her but that's only because I know that she will ignore and then let me know what it is. I don't like when people coddle me and I know she won't. That's all. Man ! The whole ride to the hospital, I have my head in my hands, just thinking about how I can fix this.

We get to the hospital and I open both of our doors. I extend my hand, waiting for her to take it. I know she won't, but I can onl..... She takes my hand and steps out.
She puts her arms around my neck and kisses me. We take each other's hands and entangle our fingers together.

We'll figure this out. Right now, we gotta go see Luis.