40. Baby's First Word

First off, thanks so much for over 10k reads!! You guys are amazing

Joe Trohman:

Ruby-

"Say daddy!" Joe cooed to Ruby, holding her high above his head. "Come on, say daddy." He tickled her, making her squeal and blow spit bubbles.

"Joe, stop trying to force our kid to speak." You dried your hands on the dish towel and walked into the living room.

Joe sat Ruby on his chest and held her arms. "Your mommy's only saying that because we had a bet that you'll say her name first. But you won't, because you're a daddy's girl right Rue?"

You rolled your eyes. "Joe, it won't count if you cheat."

"How is she supposed to know to say it if I don't teach her?" Joe looked at you, a grin on his face. "Saaayy daddy." Joe coaxed.

"Joe!" You yelled, and slapped his arm playfully.

"Joe." Ruby repeated, a toothless smile on her face. "Joe, Joe, Joe!" She waved her hands around.

"Dammit." You muttered under your breath.

"My name is daddy Ruby." Joe corrected.

"Joe!" Ruby yelled.

"Fine, I'll take that as a win." Joe shrugged. "I guess you're taking the late night shift from now on."

Nate-

"Ruby, when we get home, you have to finish your homework." You reminded your daughter as you pulled out of the elementary school parking lot.

"If I do it, can I get chicken nuggets?" Ruby bounced in her seat. "I'm really hungry."

You nodded. "We'll stop at Chick-Fil-A on the way home."

"Yay!" Ruby squealed. "Chicken nuggets! Chicken nuggets!"

Your one year old son didn't really know exactly what was going on, but nonetheless he waved his rattle and screeched along with his sister.

You smiled back at the two of them. "But remember, as soon as you get home, we're going to start cleaning your room."

"Okay!" Ruby grinned. "Chicken nuggets!"

"Chicken nugget!" Nate yelled, joining into the celebration.

"Whoa mommy, Nathan just talked!" Ruby stared in awe at her brother.

"Chicken nugget!" Nathan squealed, clapping his hands together.

...............  

Pete Wentz:

Bronx-

"Hey babe, can you help me bring the groceries in?" You asked Pete, who sat on the couch, holding Bronx.

"Sure babe, you hold Bronx, and I'll get the groceries." Pete traded off Bronx to you and walked outside.

Bronx looked up at you, his eyes twinkling. He gurgled, sticking his thumb into his mouth.

"Hey baby." You nuzzled your nose into his cheek, making him giggle.

"Where do you want all this to go?" Pete walked back through the front door, carrying all twenty bags.

"Pete, you should have made a second trip, you're gonna drop all that stuff." You raised an eyebrow.