13. Snow Days

Pete Wentz (Your POV):

"Do you wanna build a snowman?" Nirvana screamed, running into the living room. "Come on let's go and play."

"Shut the fuck up." Your fifteen year old son Bronx yelled.

"Oooh!!" Nirvana yelled, running to Pete. "Daddy, Bronx said a potty word! Bronx said a potty word!" She chanted.

"Bronx!" Pete chided.

"Sorry dad." Bronx muttered.

You cuddled into Pete more, wrapping the blanket around you tighter. "No fighting guys." You sipped from your mug of hot chocolate.

"When can we go outside?" Saint held up his gloves. "I want to start a snowball fight."

"I wanna build a snowman!!" Vana said jumping up and down. "I wanna make Olaf then we can play all day-"

"Olaf isn't real." Bronx said, eyes still trained on his phone.

Nirvana's bottom lip quivered. "Daddy."

"Bronx." Pete said sternly. "Stop ruining your sister's dreams. No one ever told you Santa wasn't real."

"Santa's not real?" Saint and Nirvana yelled together.

"Nope. Mom and dad have been wrapping all your presents and lying to you." Bronx said cynically.

"Bronx!" Pete and I yelled in unison. "Shut up!"

Nirvana's eyes watered and she opened and closed her mouth, giving her the appearance of a stunned fish.

"Oh no." Bronx said, putting his earbuds in.

"Shit." Pete and I made eye contact.

I pulled the blanket over my ears as Saint followed suit and covered his ears as well.

Nirvana let out a high pitched scream that rattled the windows. She continued screaming, throwing herself to the ground and crossing her arms over her chest.

Pete picked Nirvana up holding her arms -length away to avoid her flailing limbs. "Nirvana shh."

She continued screaming, Pete held her arms at her sides until she stopped dramatically, going limp in his arms.

"Hey." Pete made her look him. "Santa's not real, but Olaf is. Let's go make build a snowman." He lied to your daughter, knowing that in a couple years, he'd be paying for it.

Andy Hurley (Your POV):

Mackenize ran into the house screaming, with Andy following right behind her.

"Daddy hit me in the face with a snowball!" Mackenzie stomped into the kitchen.

"It was an accident." Andy sighed.

You knelt in front of her and brushed the snow off of her face. "What happened?"

"We were having a snowball fight." Mackenzie said, wiping snow out of her eyes.

"And Mackenzie was leaning over to make a snowball and I threw it at her to catch her off guard." Andy ran a hand through his wet hair.