Chapter 13

-BELLES POV-

"Wait, Landon! Please don't go!" I yelled while running towards him.

"Belle, I just need time to think. About all of this." I heard him say. He started to slow down and was now walking. He had his hands in his pockets and his head down.

"Landon.. I'm not going to hurt you!" I shouted, waving my arms in the air.

"Is there anything else your keeping from me?" Landon asked while looking ahead.

"Mates." I whispered. Should I tell him this?

"What's mates?" He asked harshly. He turned his head and looked at me for a few seconds then turned around and kept walking.

"There kinda like a soul mate for a werewolf. The person was made for them. They'd keep each other safe. It's like love at first sight." I explained. He stopped walking and his shoulders tensed.

"You have a mate?" He said through clenched teeth.

"Yes," I said while studying him.

"It's you." He stopped walking and looked at me. He studied my face then his eyebrows raised.

"I'm your mate." I nodded and he continued to look at me.

"Is that the only reason you helped us? Was because I was your mate?" He asked, his cheeks were turning red from anger.

"No. I heard your crying so I went to check. But then you were my mate. I've been searching everywhere for you and I don't want to lose you." I whispered while looking at him. Tears stung my eyes. If he left me I don't know what I would do.

"I have to think about this. This is jut too much." He said while running his hands through his hair.

"Okay. Take as long as you want." I whispered while looking at my hands. I heard the crunch of the leaves so I knew he left. That's when I broke.

Tears streamed down my face and I fell to the ground. It sure feels like he rejected me. My wolf was howling in sadness, for me and for her.

A sob broke through my chest and my hands clutched at the dirt underneath me. My heart felt like it was breaking in two.

Didn't he know how I felt for him? Did our kiss mean nothing?

The tears seemed to stop after a while and the sky was darkening. My eyes were closing and I felt myself curl in a ball against the ground. My eyes closer and the oblivion took me.

"Belle? Belle!" I heard someone yelling. I groaned at the headache pounding against my skull and I got up slowly.

"Belle! Where are you?!" They yelled again. I held my head from the sudden loudness and creaked my eyes open.

"What?" I croaked out and I heard someone sigh in relief.

"What were you thinking?!" Someone said from behind me. I turned quickly and looked through the blurriness. It was Sarah.

"What do you want Sarah?" I asked while getting up slowly. I patted at my legs and got all the dirt off. I was still naked.

"Why are you naked?" Sarah asked while looking away with a blush to her cheeks.

"You've seen me naked before. And I had to shift for Landon and my clothes were ruined. I guess I forgot." I stated. I tried to cover myself but it didn't work.

"Landon was worried sick. He didn't get a wink of sleep last night." Sarah said while surveying my face.

"Can we go home?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Yea, you just need clothes." I nodded an we walked to the house. I hid behind a bush behind the house and waited for Sarah to get me clothes.

She walked out with sweat pants, a large shirt, and under garments. She handed them to me as I changed quickly.

We walked up the porch and opened the door that led to the living room from outside.

Landon was sitting on the coach with his eyes half closed. But once he heard the noise his eyes opened immediately and looked at us.

"Oh, thank God." He sighed in relief. He walked up to me and hugged me. I was so confused that I didn't hug back.

"I'm going to bed. Night." He announced then walked up the stairs to his room.

"Go to bed, Belle. You can talk to him in the morning." Sarah said and pushed me upstairs. I walked in my room and collapsed in bed.

I heard the door creep open and footsteps neared my bed. Someone laid next to me and arms went around my waist.

"I accept you." Landon whispered and I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

--------------------------------------------------

I know that's super short.. I'm just really busy!

But please vote and comment!

Stay beautiful!