Chapter 06

Belle

After we ate I drove them back home. They both seemed exhausted, seeing as though both Landon and Owen had dark bags under their eyes. Landon sat up front with me while Owen was in the back. Landon stared out the window to the woods that blurred past us.

"Your father doesn't like us too well, does he?" He asked as he turned his head to look at me. That shadows covered half his face, but the brightness of his green eyes popped out.

"He's just being cautious. Don't worry, he'll get used to you." I assured him and tightened my grip on the steering wheel, I was exactly sure that my dad would accept them here. He nodded his head then looked at Owen when his loud snores began to sound like chokes.

"You've done alot for him." I said, keeping my voice quiet so I wouldn't wake Owen.

"Yea, he was too young to understand what was going on. I was only four so it was hard. Sometimes we would go days without food or sleep," He whispered. He looked at his hands an a tear slid down his cheek.

"It was a hard life." He whispered. I grabbed one of his hands and squeezed. The tingles ran up my arm and he looked at me questionably.

"Why do I feel tingles when I touch you?" He asked. He rubbed his thumb across the top of my hand and the tingles increased. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my wolf seemed to be jumping with joy.

"I feel a pull to you. I don't understand." He said, mostly to himself.

"I feel it too." I whispered, but he didn't hear me.

Owen stirred awake once we arrived at home. He rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes and looked at Landon.

"What'd I miss?" He asked with a smile. I looked at him accusingly and he smiled. He listened to our conversation.

"A boring ride." Landon said while smiling. I laughed and got out of the car. Owen followed Landon and we all went to our rooms.

"When we all wake up I'll make breakfast, okay? Then we can go shopping so you can get clothes." I said to them once we reach our rooms.

They both nodded and smiled, "Goodnight Belle." Landon said and walked into his room. Owen stood there and stared at me.

"He's confused, you know? I'm surprised he opened up to you so quickly. He normally keeps to himself." Owen whispered.

"That's good, I think. I don't want to do anything that might scare him."

"Thank you. For everything." He said. I nodded and walked into my room. I set my purse on my desk and walked into the bathroom. I washed off my makeup and took off my red dress. I took my heels off and climbed into the shower. I stood there for a couple minutes and let the water wash down my body.

Once I was done rinsing off, I walked out and wrapped a towel around my body before picking out my sleep wear. I walked out of my room once I was changed and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and filled it with milk; sitting on the counter and stared out the window above the sink.

Then a thought popped up, What happened to Sarah? I ran up the stairs and into her room.

It was empty.

She would have mindlinked me if she was okay. I then ran back down the stairs and grabbed my keys and my phone. I went into the garage and into my car.

I remembered most of the directions but not good enough. I looked around at my surroundings and remembered seeing most of it.

I turned down a street and heard the music. I sighed in relief and parked my car at the end of the street. I walked in, ignoring the stares. I searched the crowd and sighed in relief when I saw a familiar face.

"Sarah!" I yelled, hoping she would hear me over the music. She turned her head at the sound of her name and her eyes connected with mine. She stumbled over to me and grabbed my shoulder to hold her weight.

"Where the hell have you been!" She slurred. She swayed and closed her eyes.

"Sarah! We need to leave, okay?" I said while dragging her away. She nodded and stumbled after me.

"D-Did you find your mate?" She stuttered.

"Yes I did. He's human." I said and she gasped, "He's human! That's horrible!"

I growled at her and she just looked at me.

"He's perfectly fine." I said through clenched teeth.

"He's human. He's weak and pathetic." She said. Was she serious?

"Whatever." And pushed her in the car. She immediately fell asleep. Tears stung my eyes after hearing her words.

I tightened my hold on the steering wheel and looked over at her. Her mouth was open, her shoulders slumped, and her head against the window.

I grabbed Sarah and hauled her over my shoulder once we got home. I stumbled at her weight but got my footing back. I struggled to open the front door but it opened for me. I looked at it questionably but saw Owen standing there.

"I was looking for you. I saw the glass of milk and I assumed it was yours." He said while staring at Sarah with his eyebrows raised.

"I got my hands full so please move." He moved to the side and followed me to Sarah's room.

"She doesn't look too good." He observed.

"She's drunk. I wouldn't think so either." I said while laughing. He laughed under his breath and opened her door for me. He turned the light on and I set her on the bed and laid a blanket over her.

"That should be good." I murmured.

Once we were out of her room he suddenly asked, "Why were you crying?"

"I wasn't crying." I lied. I diverted my eyes and felt him staring at the side of my head.

"Don't lie."

"I don't feel like talking about it." I said and walked into my room.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I heard him whisper in defeat. I slumped my shoulders and climbed into bed.

I closed my eyes and buried my head into my pillow.

-------------------------------------------------

I know this is really bad. I'm so tired. But please keep commenting cause I love hearing what you have to say about this book! Please vote!

Does anyone like this cover better then the other one? Does anyone think this book will get popular?