Crimson Fate 14 - Contract of Him and Her

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"So, there you go, Bambina. No aid, no blood on loved ones, but no chances of getting the MOST important person of you to come back." Valerie sighs in content as she slowly turn to you with her maniac smile. "...Ever."

Thump.

Thump.

Amber eyes met with the other amber.

Fear met with despise.

Your lips trembled. You try to speak but to no avail-- your throat abruptly dry just from the way he look at you. He, Tsuna, your most important person in your life. Your love.

Your husband.

-------------------------

"....."

You look down; avoiding his gaze.

"...Hmph." Valerie shrugged and smirked when she turned to Ceres who had been trying to break the invisible wall that separates her from the verandah and the mansion. "It won't work, Ceres~ I've cast a spell of where even Giotto can't even break it. Nor her." A bore expression crept on her face when she look at you again. "It's a deal after all. You and Giotto will never have the chance to save her. For infinity."

Valerie snapped her finger, and all of a sudden, Talbot fell on his knees.

Just from that, you knew. You knew something was wrong from the very beginning. For dearest Grandpa Talbot to say that you bring misfortune is out of question -- It's not him. Your lips trembled when color spreads around his face, and with a shaky hand, he grips on his cane.

With a hoarse voice, you swallowed, "Why are you doing this?"

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh? Is that a question for me to answer? It's not even necessary because you already know the answer yourself. Well.." Her violet strands falls to the side as she tilt her head. "Of course. It is I who did it."

You pursed your lips. "Stop."

"It is I, who spread the miasma so every fire lose its bravery and hope."

"..Stop it."

"It is I, who pulls the string behind all this. I, am the one who engulf this geezer's mind to wash everyone's mind."

"Please.." Your fists are shaking.

"It is I! Valerie! The Queen of the Celestials' dark past that came here to WRECK your life!!"

"I SAID STOP!"

SNAP!

Your wrist burn from Gokudera's attack. White Phoenix; your bow and arrow flew across the floor as he uses G's power on you. "Hayato.. why-" You gasped when Yamamoto appear in front of you as he pull out his sword and when the blade swings near to your neck..

------------------------------

"...."

You open your eyes slowly and see no blood but an old wooden cane that shields you together with a familiar, worn-out hands that has been gripping the cane with all its might. "I'm sorry.. my little Maiden." He gives you a very nostalgic, loving smile from his shoulder. "I'm really sorry. This is my fault for letting my guard down."

A single tear fall on your cheeks. "...and I thought you hated me." You clutch on his robe. "Because what I know is that.. you always utter nothing but love words towards me." He chuckled. "That is therefore why, I'm very sorry from the bottom of my heart- KUH!!"