Down it goes (SalxReader)

I was currently in the kitchen of my mother-in-law's house due to the fact that she was gonna be watching Jamie, my now three year old son who I had with my husband Sal. We were going out for date night and she offered to watch him for us.

Jamie was sitting at the table, playing with his trucks. Crashing and squealing noises were the only thing that left his mouth.
I took out some strawberries from the refrigerator. Taking off my wedding ring and placing it on the wooden table, so that way it didn't get all sticky from the strawberries. I began washing them in cold water and then placeing a couple on a small plate. Slicing them evenly for Jamie.

I felt a pair of warm hands wrap themselves around my waist. "What'cha doing beautiful?" Sal's voice crept up behind me. "Cutting strawberries." I replied, turning around and sticking a piece into his mouth. "Mmm...sweet and juicy." He replied, pressing a kiss to my lips. The strawberry flavor danced around my tongue as Sal deepened the kiss.

Pulling away I couldn't help but smile. "But not as sweet as that." Sal continued. I laughed, "Give these to Jamie will you." I handed him the small plate as he went over to the table.

"(Y/N)." Sal called me as I began washing my hands. "Yeah?" "Where's Jamie?" "He's sitting at the table." I told him, wiping my wet hands on a nearby dish towel. "No he's not." Sal said as I walked up next to him.

I looked around the table and noticed that my wedding ring was missing.

"Where's my ring?" I asked, looking up at my husband. "I assumed it was on your finger." Sal commented. "No. I took it off because I didn't want it to get all sticky." I began looking around the dinning area, but then I realized something. If I find Jamie, I find my ring.

"I'm gonna look upstairs." I inform Sal. Walking up the stairs of my mother-in-law's house, I heard the sound of what seemed like a toilet flushing coming from the bathroom.

Opening the door, Jamie was hunched over the rim of toilet. He was obviously staring at something. Curious to what he was looking at, I went over to where he was and looked inside the toilet bowl.

As Jamie flushed it once more I saw my wedding ring swirling down to the bottom and eventually disappearing.

"Oh my God!!!" I screamed. "What is it mama?" Jamie asked, confusion taking over his little mind. I couldn't be mad at him, he didn't know. But boy will we have a talk about this. "Sal!!" I called. "SAL!" Rushed footsteps made their way torwards the bathroom. "What? What is it? What's wrong?" He asked, concern getting the better of him. "Jamie just flushed my ring down the toilet."

"He what?" Sal asked, looking down inside the toliet bowl. "Jamie flushed my ring down the toliet. He must have grabbed it when I was cutting the strawberries." I replied, heart sinking at the thought that I would never be able to see my wedding ring ever again.

Even though the diamond was small, it still meant the world to me because it was from Sal. I loved that ring and it broke my heart to find out that I would never see it again.

Tears threatened to spill as I looked at my husband. "Sal I'm so sorry. I know how hard you worked to save up for that ring." I told him. "(Y/N), it's okay." Sal cooed as he wrapped me in his arms. "No it's not." I began to sob, soaking his plaid shirt with my tears.

"(Y/N) look at me." Sal said. I looked up at him, green eyes staring into (Y/E/C) ones.

"You didn't deserve that ring." What? I was so very confused by his words. "A beautiful woman such as yourself deserves a ring that shines as much as you do and shows the world how much you mean to me." Sal continued.

As he got down on ome knee in front of me and pulled out a velvet box from his jean pocket. Once he opened it, a big beautiful diamond ring shined underneath the bathroom light. "I got this for you that day we took Jamie to the mall to get some new clothes." Sal told me as he slipped the ring on my finger where the old one use to be.

Tears were flowing down my cheeks as he pulled me in for another hug. "Sal I don't know what to say. It's beautiful." "I'm glad you like it baby." "But why did you have to scare me like that? You know how much I loved that ring." "I didn't plan for it to go down this way. Jamie did that himself. I was gonna give this to you during dinner tonight."

I laugh slightly, giving Sal a tender and passionate kiss. Earning a small "eww" from Jamie.

Once we broke the kiss I looked down at my son who smiled at me, "Mommy can I get strawberry?"

"Yes baby. Come on downstairs and we'll get you some strawberries."

I looked at my husband one nore, flashing him a huge smile as I walked hand in hand down the stair case with our son.

Life could not get any better than this.

Hope you guys liked it!! Break-up preferences are coming up next. I love you all and thanks for reading!!!

Stay beautiful!!!
-XXXCynthia