First Kiss

Sal: I was sitting at my desk working on some documents for the company that I work for when I got a text message from Sal. "Are you free tonight?" It read. I smiled, we had been on a few dates these past couple of weeks and Sal was a complete gentleman. I texted him back, "Yeah. What do you have in mind?" About a few seconds later he replied, "You'll see. I'll pick you up at seven. ;)" For the rest of the day I was left wondering what Sal had planned for him and I. As seven o'clock finally rolled around the corner I waited for him to arrive in the living room. About five minutes later there was a knock on my door. Opening the front door, there stood Sal in a plaid blue shirt, black jeans, and a pair of new sneakers that he got at the mall this past Saturday. "Hey (Y/N), your looking rather beautiful." I gave him a hug and a light peck on the cheek, "Thank you. So where are we off to?" I asked, walking outside and locking my front door. "If I tell you then it'll ruin the surprise." He said as we got into his car. I noticed that he had a basket in the backseat, as well as a blanket. "Are we going on a picnic?" I asked, grabbing the basket and setting in my lap. "Shit, I forgot to cover it with the blanket." "Aw, that's so sweet." "I wanted it to be a surprise. I brought wine and everything. A meteor shower is suppose to happen tonight and I thought you might wanted to see it." He told me as he glanced from the road to my face. "Well aren't you romantic." I joked. "I try to be." Once he parked the car and we unbuckled our seatbelts, he was about to get out of the car but I stopped him. "Wait Sal." I grabbed his arm lightly. "What's up?" I locked eyes with him and pulled him towards me. Our lips met in the middle, moving in sync with each other. Never has a first kiss ever felt so perfect, so full of love and passion. When we broke he laid his forehead against mine. "You hungry?" He asked. "Starving." I replied, grabbing the basket and off to find a spot to watch the meteor shower.

Joe: As the timer on the oven went off, I walked into the kitchen. My nostrils were greeted by the sweet smell of homemade chocolate chip cookies. This was my favorite thing to do on my days off if work. Baking always seemed to relax me, even on the most stressful days. That's when I heard a knock at my door. Wiping my hands on a dish towel I made my way to the front of the house. Opening I saw Joe on the other side. "Hey, I thought you weren't coming over tonight." I greeted him with a hug. "I thought I'd surprise ya. Do I smell cookies?" He asked as I moved aside to let him in. "Well with a nose like that you can smell anything." I joked as we walked into the kitchen. I pulled out the tray of cookies from the oven, "You wanna help me make another batch?" His eyes lit up, "Yeah sure." He grabbed my pink flower printed apron from the table and tied it around him. "How do I look?" He asked, striking a pose. I laughed, "Like a regular Martha Stuart." I brought out the sugar, flour, baking power, salt, oil, and the rest of the chocolate chips from the cabinet and placed them on the counter. Grabbing a clean bowl, we got to work. It wasn't long until the entire kitchen, including Joe and I, was covered in flour and raw eggs. "Great, now I'm out of flour." I said, giggling. "That's because it's all up my nose." He joked. I grabbed a wet dish rag and began to wipe down the counter when Joe stopped me. He looked at me, "You know you look very beautiful with flour in your hair (Y/N)." I laughed again, "Thanks, so do you." As we leaned in, I forgot all about the mess. The only thing I was focusing on was the light and tender kiss coming from the man in front of me. His has automatically wrapped themselves around my waist as mine were mindlessly wrapped around his neck. It was the sound of the timer blaring that interrupted us, telling us that our last batch of cookies were done. "You ready for dessert?" I asked, smiling at him. "Do you even know who your talking to right now?" He said. After letting the cookies cool for five minutes, Joe and I sat in the living room eating cookies and stealing chocolatey kisses every now and then. It was truly the best day off ever.