Chapter 33 - Wake Me Up

"Maybe I fell in love when you woke me up" Wake Me Up, Ed Sheeran

A/N: This is a Jason/ Piper chapter but it's important that you read it until the end to find out what's going on with Faye and Leo.

Piper's POV 

 A smile tugs at the end of my lips as I see Jason's hard expression break into a brief moment of laughter. Despite all of the trouble that's been haunting us, he somehow manages to find happiness. 

The smile fades as I remember the treacherous task that awaits me. Porphyrion has captured my father, the great Tristan McLean. The only way to rescue him is by betraying those closest to me. Even if one of them is the subject of my unrequited love, and the other has become one of my closest friends despite his annoying attributes.

When I originally heard of this horrible plot, I wanted nothing more than to refuse the offer and shake it off without a question. But this was her father, the man who single-handedly raised me, well, with the assistance of several nannies. 

Tristan McLean is my dad, my own flesh and blood. if I don't him, then I have no family at all. 

Jason catches a glimpse of me and breaks away from a group of Apollo kids that wanted to count his mysterious tattoos. 

I grimace to myself, waiting to be disappointed once again. 

As he walks towards me, the same confidence that I've come to known so well is still there. It belongs to the same body, but doesn't belong to the Jason that I've fallen for. 

"Hey, Piper," he greets me less than fondly. I find myself wishing that he'd at least make an effort to be friendly with me rather than formal, you know, maybe he could call me Pipes or some corny nickname that would remind me of the good old days. 

It reminds me that we are two false lovers forced together for a bigger purpose. Perhaps Jason is correct when he says that this is bigger than us all.

I guess it doesn't matter after what I plan on doing.

"Jason."

He glances around, cautious of the watchful eyes that catch our tense interaction. The least thing we both need is more attention from drama-hungry teenagers. "Could we go somewhere people won't hear us."

I nod, then carefully wrap my fingers around his wrist rather than his hand. To my surprise, he doesn't flinch at my touch, but follows me as I lead him into the emptied Aphrodite cabin. 

Jason runs his rough fingertips across the dustless, pink dressers. "It's so strange to see this place empty. I used to think that unsuspecting demigods would be lured into here to their deaths and that wenches like Aubrey and Drew were sirens."

I frown upon hearing their names, especially Aubrey's. Not too long ago she tackled Jason to the ground and nearly seduced him. "What do you want, Jason?" I ask a bit too harshly. 

Jason falters, but recoils quickly. That was always the one trait about him that I wish I contained within myself, even now I still wish I had that selflessness that makes Jason such a admirable leader. I've always known he'd do something amazing with his life much before we found out we were demigods. "It's about Leo. Do you know what's up with him?"

Without any hesitation, I supply him with the answer. "The Love Games," I hiss with absolute hatred evident in my own voice. "They screwed him over even more than Hera could ever. Aphrodite played a game with his heart and tore it to shreds."

"What do you mean the Love Games? You make it sound as if it's an organized event that Aphrodite herself guides," Jason questions, confused.