Chapter 25 - Amsterdam

"I'm sorry, mother. I'm sorry I let you down. No, these days I'm fine. No, these days I tend to lie" -Amsterdam, The Imagine Dragons

Leo's POV

I should forgive her for how she's acting. I, of all people, should know this more than anyone. In fact, it was my fault that my mom died.

It was the cursed fire summoning abilities that ruined everything. Just one spark that got out of control. My ability only ended up hurting people in the end. 

The point is that I'm not going to regret my decisions before I leave. I have to make the most out of everything. 

I know in my heart that the Faye I fell for is still inside of that shell of an Aphrodite daughter. She may have let them brainwash her a little bit, but I can't blame her. Family has that impact on people. 

Needing to get some air, I leave the Hephaestus cabin and go to the abandoned camp fire. Most people were already heading to bed and only a couple of people stayed around. 

Piper sits by herself, staring into the flames. "Hey repair boy," she says, her voice monotone. 

"Hey beauty queen," I greet her in the same emotionless tone. "How are you holding up?"

Piper forces a smile onto her face. "Just jolly."

Sighing, I take a seat next to her. "I think Jason still has feelings for you," I tell her, trying to put her at ease.

"That's not likely." She waves off the notion by waving her hand dejectedly. "He may have kissed me back, but he'll never feel the same way that I do. Everything feels like a mirage. It's hard to believe that Hera produced such a perfect illusion for both of us."

"I finally felt like I had a best friend," I say sadly. "But he still is a friend, I think."

Piper curls her legs into an Indian sitting position. "I wish he could just remember that kiss on the roof top, just for a second."

"I thought he did. The way he looked after you kissed him..." I trail off.

"No," Piper continues denying. "I have to accept the fact that he doesn't."

I fold my arms together, my roughened fingers running along my sun-baked skin. "Do you really think we're part of the prophecy?" I try to change topics. "The great prophecy?"

She shakes her head, making a couple of braids fall onto her face. "I'm still in shock that all of it was fake." Her gaze changes to a figure in the distance. "I think that's Faye," she can't contain the disappointment in her voice. "She changed."

"I know," I admit. "The same girl is still in there, somewhere."

Piper wraps her arm around my shoulder, giving me a quick side hug. "Don't give up on her, Leo. Ever since you started hanging out with her you've been less sarcastic."

"It's my way of dealing with pain," I explain, refusing to look her in the eye.

Piper stands up. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I lie. 

"Look," Piper placed a hand onto her hip. "I have secrets too. If that's your way of coping, fine. I won't try to get the truth out of you. I've had enough of the truth for one day. Faye's almost here, I'll leave you too alone."

She leaves without another word. Faye approaches me, determination still evident in her dark eyes. "Hello, Leo," she greets me. Instead of taking Piper's old seat, Faye goes on the log across from me. 

"Faye," I say curtly. "What brings you here?"

The fire brings out a glint in her eyes. She wants something, I can feel it. "I need something from you," she tells me huskily. To exaggerate her point, she pulls her hair out of her tight pony tail and lets her brunette waves tumble down her shoulders. 

I cough, uncomfortable. "What exactly do you need?"

With a seductive smirk, she rises from her seat and saunters over to me. She slowly lowers herself to my lap and extends her arm behind my back. Her ominous eyes meet mine. "I think you know what I need," she whispers seductively.

Before I can respond, she crashes her lips to mine. Even when we made out before, it wasn't this intense. I can sense her desperate need to do this, but it lacks the passion we shared before. "Faye," I say breathlessly. 

"Don't talk," she detaches herself from my lips and finds my sweet spot on my neck. Faye tugs at the skin, her tongue swirling on the sensitive surface. "I know a place," Faye says before bringing her lips to mine again.

I can't help but being aroused by this, but I really wish I wasn't. "Let's go there." Lust appears in my voice. It replaces the passion I long for at this moment. 

In the past few weeks at Camp Half Blood, I have gotten much more physically strong than I've ever been. I'm not as lanky as I used to and I feel empowered. After all, I have a beautiful girl at the palm of my hand. I easily sweep Faye off of her feet, refusing to detach my lips. "It's in the woods."

She finds that spot on my neck once more, making me gasp. "D-do you mean the bunker?"

"Of course." Faye continues to take the breath away from me, planting kisses all along my jaw line but avoiding my mouth. I'm thankful for this, considering I'm able to focus on not dropping Faye and tripping on top of her. 

Despite my usual clumsiness, I manage to make it to the bunker without breaking my arm. I set her down on a blanket I had laid on the ground from earlier. 

 My knees set down on each side of Faye's waist. By this point, lust is taking over my actions. It seems that way for Faye too as she reaches down to my tool belt. 

She easily tugs it loose and throws it aside. I wonder if I'm making her feel the same. Am I stealing her breath with each kiss I pile on top of another? 

Taking advantage of the fact that I'm hovering above her small body, I pin her arms down on each side dominantly. My lips massage her neck, working their way down to the hemline of her Camp HB shirt. 

"Why not just take it off?" she urges me, lifting up the bottom. Her hand guides the orange tee higher and higher, exposing her bare stomach and a pink, lacy bra. She teases me, releasing me from her grip and leaving her shirt bunched up at the end of her ribcage. "Your turn."

He rips my shirt off from my chest and throws it away. Her fingers smooth over my skin, sending shivers down my spine. Everything she does makes my breath hitch and my heart race. She leaves light kisses along my newly toned muscles. 

I find myself embarrassed that I don't even have a single strand of chest hair. "Don't be ashamed," she tells me. "You've toned up, haven't you?"

Never in my life have I felt attractive. I know I'm not the hottest being on the planet, although sometimes I like to believe that I am. I usually would try to make up for that with charm and an outstanding humor. That never has worked for me. Being with Faye makes me feel like I don't have to make up for everything with a joke to laugh at or smooth talking. I can be myself. I don't have to lie anymore.

I let out a small chuckle. "I have, but that's from all of my work on Festus."

Way to kills the mood, Valdez. Fortunately, it doesn't affect Faye's random behavior. Whenever we've gotten close to giving in to our temptations, we've always withdrawn before it was too late. It seems like there is no looking back now.

--

A/N: I'M GETTING BETTER. I'M ONLY ONE DAY LATE WOO

but then again I decided to leave you at a major cliff hanger so please don't kill me because I won't be able to finish this if you do ;)

Well thanks for reading and supporting.

Sorry for the cliff hanger and the smut XD

Uh... 20+ votes for the next chapter on tuesday? That's three days so yeah...

-Em