Chapter 14 - I'm Already Torn

Faye's POV

His palm is sweaty as it clenches onto mine, never wanting to let go. It's a strange feeling to have somone care for you so much, that someone wants to kiss you, someone wants to hold you and tell you everything will be fine.

There's something in my stomach disagreeing with the whole affair, telling me that I don't need a relationship, that I don't need Leo's love. My heart tells me differently, it beats faster with each passing moment. 

The song ends, but we continue dancing. My head is hidden in his curly brunette hair. His arms around my waist secure me and hold me close. 

But that same nagging voice echoes throughout my mind, endlessly telling me the dangers of what I'm doing, the consequences and end results. "This isn't right," I mutter under my breath. 

Leo pulls apart, dropping his arms from around me to his sides. The absence of them make me feel insecure and faulty. "What do you mean?" His face is tense, emotionless. 

"I didn't mean that," I assure him. "I'm just not used to the idea of someone who actually likes me for well, me. I know the children of Aphrodite are just supposed to be pretty faces, but you know I'm more than that."

"You are more than that," Leo sighs of relief. "Faye don't worry, I'll take care of you."

Do I need someone to take care of me? No, no I don't, I've been independent for so long, I shouldn't need someone to  "Leo, that isn't what I want," my voice shakes as I let the fact leave my mouth, flow so unevenly from my lips.

"What is it you don't want?" Leo's voice is full of sincerity as well as a hint of worry. 

"I'm sorry," I whipser, condeming myself for being so damn confusing. I cross my arms on my chest, fearing that I may make a mistake, that I may be doing the wrong thing no matter which path I choose to embark. "I don't want anyone to take care of me. I don't need anyone to take care of me." The words slip out of my mouth so quickly, I barely have time to process what I've said.

Leo blinks rappidly, forming his own words into sentences. He has always been so much better at finding the right words to say. "I didn't mean take away your independence. I don't want to have someone who can't even carry her own weight. I want someone who can kick ass and kiss good."

"Well," I correct without thinking. Leo lets out a chuckle in response. I smirk, then wipe it right off my face again. "No," I say quietly. "I don't need anyone." The tears begin to run to my eyes. "I made it from Chicago all the way here by myself. I've been alone for so long," at this point, two tears trickle down each of my cheeks. "I've always saved myself."

Instead of saying anything, Leo wraps his arms around my torso, pressing his firey body against my own in an act of compassion. All of the weights I've been carrying for so long come bearing down on me, but I know I'm not alone. Maybe I don't need someone to take care of me, I need someone to understand, someone to go through it all with. I want to thank him, but my voice is weak, I have no words. 

Leo holds me tightly until I let go of him. The minute our bodies pull apart, I feel an emptiness, a sense of loneliness. Leo takes one slender finger and wipes my last tear from my chin. My eyes begin to clear and the invisible hands on my throat seem to release me from their grip. "You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life," Leo cracks a slanted grin as he watches my movements. 

I let out an easy laugh. "While being incredibly corny, that pick up line wasn't too bad. I bet you could do better than that, Valdez," I elbow him.

"But you do add meaning to my life," his wide brown eyes take in my own, our eyes locked together. "You seem to teach me a new lesson of life everytime we meet."

"Like what?" I inquire.

He clears his throat. "What about that day I was singing One Direction? Now I know better-" Leo stops midsentence to laugh along with me. He gains control and continues, "And just now in this moment; even the strongest people you meet are going to have a weakness. They're not going to be fearless and perfect. No one can be. You've taught me about the flaws of being strong, you would never let anyone into your life. Now you seem much happier, you're talking to Piper and your other half-siblings, and most importantly, you're opening up to me." 

"You've taught me a lot too, Leo," I tell him after he finishes.

"Like what?" he mocks me jokingly in a high voice. 

I punch his arm lightly in retaliation. "That I don't have to go through everything alone."

"You don't. I won't take care of you," Leo assures me. "I'll be here to hold your hand through every part of the journey."

This time, instead of saying anything, I wrap my arms around Leo's neck, then press my lips to his. In the back of my head, I can still hear my dad saying, "Fallon, you can't trust anyone, you can't trust anyone," the same words echo endlessly. 

But dad, where did that get you? You were wrong, you were wrong. 

--

A/N: WOW THAT UPDATE TOOK FRACKING FOREVER. SORRY. I HOPE YOU STILL LOVE ME. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY :D I'm actually happy for once I don't have a Valentine ;)

Next update will be on Monday after 10 VOTES! And I promise this will be on time, totally promise!

Thanks for all your support, we just hit 2k reads, which is pretty fire trucking insane!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and until next time...

-Emilia