Chapter 16 - Same Mistakes

Leo's POV

The feeling of emptiness overwhelms me as I practically run away from the Aphrodite cabin. I sickening sensation rushes to my stomach; I want to throw up.

Of course, I really like Faye. It isn't her, it really is me. I nearly just took advantage of her, whenever I look at her, I see the pain in her eyes. I can see that she wants it to go away, at any costs. I can't believe I nearly took advantage of that. 

On my way out, Drew and Aubrey walked right past me without a second glance. Relief washed over me when Aubrey didn't give me a cocky grin or a sideways glance. Aubrey is honestly one of the strangest girls I have ever met, as well as one of the most arrogant and well... slutty girls I've seen. Her interest in me was disturbing and it made me uncomfortable if anything. 

The need to vomit becomes more and more necessary as I think of the time that she kissed me. My gods, was that disgusting. Sadly enough, that was my first kiss. Pretty cruddy first kiss, right? 

My hate for her grows even stronger when I think about what she did to Faye, telling the public the truth about her virginity. The Aphrodite Cabin has a reputation to uphold, you see. The other cabins seem to respect them for their multiple affairs and history of breaking hearts. Unfortunately, that includes sleeping with many of their victims. If one of them hasn't lost their virginity, they're seen as embarrassments to their cabin.

Those stereotypes kept (and upheld) by the Aphrodite cabin are not my ideals. I, for one, believe in abstinence and classiness, something most Aphrodite cabin members are missing. When I think of the Aphrodite cabin, I think of everything I don't want to be. Maybe I'm overlooking some important traits that make the Aphrodite cabin members honorable, maybe they're secretly hiding remarkable qualities, one that the public is simply forbidden to see.

I have no idea why I am getting so hung up on this, I can't even explain. All the other cabins have something special about them, but the Aphrodite cabin only seems to have beauty and vanity. The others are brave, innovative, creative and most importantly, selfless. 

I've seen the Aphrodite cabin as a shame in Camp Half Blood. Faye is the only reason why I'm attempting to see them in a new light. Faye is the only reason why I have faith in myself, even in my darkest hours. 

I realize that I'm leaning against the front of the Hephaestus cabin, simply day dreaming and staring out into the light of the moon. The air is almost as cold as Faye's hands. She's always been so cold, I wonder how she doesn't get sick easily. For some reason, all my thoughts come back to her. I can't get her out of my mind.

I nearly fall backwards when the metal doors slide open from behind me. Jake Mason pokes his head out and jumps when he sees me. "How long have been standing here?" he asks, raising his eye brows.

"For a couple of minutes, I was just watching the skies," I tell him. 

He nods. "Curfew ends in a few. You better head inside." Jake turns his head back, glancing back into the cabin. 

I straighten my back. "No," I decide. "There's something I need to do."

--

Faye's POV

"Jason Grace." The words seem to echo endlessly. Jason Grace. Jason Grace. Jason Grace.

My voice comes out strangled. "No. Change it back to Leo," I say. I don't regret what I say. I'm not letting Aubrey break up Jason and Piper. I can't let her. 

"It's too late," Drew folds up a pile of clothing on her bed, neatly tucking away the sleeves, then placing piles of shirts into a dresser. Her neatness is almost OCD. "It's already been done."

I ball up my fists in anger. "Do you honestly think you could break up Piper and Jason?" I demand, my volume rising with my fury.

"Have you seen me?" Aubrey cuts in, her arrogance starting to aggravate me. 

"I have you seen you, you're nothing but a whorish slut!" I hiss. 

Aubrey clicks her tongue, then flips her fiery red hair over her shoulder. "I may be," she says, completely unfazed by my snarky comments. "But I know what I'm doing, Faybee. There's a hicky on your neck, did you know?" My fingers go to my neck, I realize that there is in fact a hicky right below my chin. "You were so close to winning the games, just so close yet you decided to be all selfless. Just think, if you could just get over yourself and your morals, you could actually win and possibly beat me."

Her words manage to faze me. "Wha..." I stop midsentence, forming thoughts in my head. I know how Leo feels about me. I do know I can win. "I'm not you Aubrey. I have respect for other people. I'm not selfish enough to claim such a sinned prize for myself. That's your job."

Before she can reply with her own rude comment, I storm out of the cabin. But as soon as I step out of the door, I know someone's been listening in. 

--

A/N: WHOA CLIFF HANGER. 

AND I KNOW IT'S HARD WHEN YOU'RE FALLING DOWN AND IT'S A LONG WAY UP WHEN YOU'RE HITTING THE GROUND SO GET UP NOW, GET UP NOW. GET UP.

Sorry Imagine Dragons are just so talented.

so... 9+ votes for the next chapter on either tuesday or wenesday? 

Thanks for the support <3

-Em