Chapter 26 - Cold Coffee

"Tell me if I'm wrong, tell me if I'm right. Tell me if you need a loving hand to help you fall asleep tonight. Tell me if I know, tell me if I do. Tell me how to fall in love the way you want me to" -Cold Coffee, Ed Sheeran

A/N: This song is written and performed by the Ginger Jesus: Ed Sheeran. It goes with Piper and Jason's part, so I think you should look at the lyrics or listen to the song to get the feel if you want to :) 
Currently the youtube link thing isn't working, so if you want to look it up feel free to.
-Em

Faye's POV

"Drew," I say her name slyly. "I have some important news for you."

The Asian beauty rolls out of her bunk, rubbing her eyes. "Where were you last night?" she says before yawning. 

"With Leo." A grin makes its way to may face.

"You didn't...?" Drew cocks an eyebrow. 

I nod. "Yes, I did."

Her jaw drops. "All that's left is the last step," she reminds me.

"What?" I ask with a vacant look.

"You have to break his heart."

--

Piper's POV

I left Leo alone with Faye after wallowing in my own misery for a long amount of time. 

Of course, I'm still wallowing in a pit of self pity but there's no one to hear me complain. There's no one I can ask to hold me in their arms and protect me from everything that's being taken from me.

I wish I could be as strong as I act, but simply cannot. 

The only thing I can do now is apologize for getting lost in my own maze of love and desperateness. 

I knock slowly on the door to the Zeus cabin, taking a deep breath as I wait. "It's me," I say weakly. "Jason, it's me."

He arrives at the entrance and leans against the side. "Piper, it's late," he says tiredly.

"I know, I'm sorry. We have to talk," I insist. 

My eyes can't help but wander to his bare chest. It seems like he had gotten even more toned since the time we went to a water park ages ago. Tattoos line up his arms and none of us have any idea what they mean. I mean, what would a fifteen year old do with a tattoo? But I wish I could be curious about why he was not wearing a shirt. He always enjoyed sleeping half-naked...or maybe that was an illusion.

"All right," Jason finally says after a silence. "Come inside."

I follow him inside the Cabin One. It's all too big for one person to share and all too luxurious in comparison to the rest. 

He takes a seat on his own bunk that towers above the rest of the cabin. "What are you waiting for?" he asks me. "Just climb up."

I hesitantly join him there and sit a fair distance away from him. "It's amazing in here," I comment, avoiding the topic that need to be discussed. My insides tie themselves into knots. If only I could predict how this would end, I would be at ease. 

Jason is definitely a wild card in my life. 

"It is," he agrees. "It's too lonely for just me."

If only I could be with you in here forever, I think to myself. "Look," I take a deep breath, I'm done beating around the bush. Can you just answer one question for me?"