Chapter 27 - Give Me Love

"Give a little time to me, we'll burn this out...All I want is the taste that your lips allow" Give Me Love, Ed Sheeran

Faye's POV

"Tell me what the Hades going on," Leo demands, balling one hand into a fist by his side.

I grit my teeth, resisting the urge to bark insults at him. I'll have to save that for later.  To distract myself, I try to look around the bunker to cool myself down. "There is nothing wrong with me."

"You're different," he hisses, imitating me obnoxiously. Leo leans back onto his work desk where a nearly complete Festus snores away, completely undisturbed by our argument. He crosses his arms. "Can you not see what's happening?"

His tone is so entirely condescending that I have to hold down a roar building up in my throat. "Of course I can see what's happening," I retort. "You're just jealous of me, aren't you?! For once I finally make friends with my siblings and you can't stand that! This isn't all about you!"

Leo snorts. "If this isn't all about me then why do you get all the credit for winning the chariot race? Or maybe why you try to shove me out of your life?"

"What about last night?!" I bark. 

He shakes his head disappointedly and lifts himself off of the rusty desk. "Last night was a mistake."

"We didn't even sleep together!" My voice raises to a shout as he strides to the metal door. 

Leo glances back at me, his once playful brown eyes meeting mine. Even when he's upset, there's always this glimpse of hope. But there's also despair held deep in them. When he first looked at me, I could tell there was something deeply troubling him just because of his eyes. Over time, he made less corny jokes and genuinely smiled, maybe for the first time in while. Now as his gaze bores into my soul, I know that I've screwed everything up.

"I know," Leo says softly. "We're too young. Mi madre would be ashamed if I did such a thing."

"We aren't too young," I insist, my argument falling apart. 

Leo nods tensely. "The old Faye wouldn't even think about that."

I swear in Ancient Greek. "The old me? I'm still the same!"

"That's the sad part about this," Leo lowers his voice, "you don't even realize that you're not yourself."

"I am myself," I say. To be honest, I'm not sure anymore.

Leo blinks repeatedly. "You sound unsure," he commented. 

"I am sure," I growl. "You've changed. You make it sound like I'm doing everything wrong. Before you used to make me feel like I was beautiful. Now you make snide comments every chance you get!"

He remains silent, dumbfound. "I know, and I'm sorry for that," Leo tells me. "But you are not the Faye that I know. You are not the Faye I fell for."

I don't say anything. 

You are not the Faye I fell for.

Each word pierces me like a knife. 

I turn away from him as my eyes prick with tears. It's nearly impossible to fight them back. "You aren't the Leo I was in love with."

--

Leo's POV

Although she refuses to face me, I know that she's crying. I sigh as I repress the urge to hold her and tell her it's going to be okay. "Remember when you told that you don't need to be taken care of?" I ask out of the blue.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Faye says weakly.

"It has everything to do with this," I reply.

I throw her a clean (more or less) towel to wipe her eyes with. "Yes, of course I do. You still don't need to take care of me," she finally answers.

"You said you always saved yourself," I continue, recalling the day that we danced together, laughed together...

Faye cleans her running mascara and faces me. I nearly let out a sigh of relief as I see her as I've always liked. She sniffles and blows her nose in the rag. "That was also the day that I decided to go against my own dad's wishes. He told me to never trust any man," she says solemnly. Her expression hardens. "He was right."

"After all we went through this is what you're leaving me with?" I yell angrily. My hand begins to heat up. "Just because I'm refusing to tell you what you want to hear?"

"Yes," Faye replies, that cool smirk curling at the edges of her lips. "But because you're being such a bitch."

I approach her, towering over the newly collected Faye. "I'm the bitch?" I ask shrilly. "Excuse me Aphrodite, I'll step aside and wait for you to put on a sexy red dress and fix your hair. This isn't you!"

"You know what, Leo? I'm done letting you bring me down. I'm out of here," she puckers her lips into a duck-face and flashes a peace sign. 

That's it, I can't control this anymore. Flames burst onto my hand, dancing before my own eyes and Faye's as well. I extinguish it quickly and see Faye's mouth hanging open in surprise. "I was going to tell you," I say robotically, "Hephaestus blesses a few children every couple of centuries with the ability to summon fire. It's called pyrokinesis."

"I-I," Faye stammers. With a frightened look, she swiftly leaves me alone, taking my secret with her. 

--

 Faye's POV

The image of flames dancing along Leo's fingertips clouds my mind. In my entire life, I've never seen anything so mesmerizing and so powerful. He can control the element of fire as easily as a child of Aphrodite can control hearts. 

I try to think of anything else, but everything he said comes back to haunt me. His words always had their way of prying into my brain. 

The wind blows through my tangled hair as I step through fallen branches and darkened, crinkled leaves. Fall has arrived much earlier than anticipated in the month of August. It seems to perfectly match the events that have recently occurred. 

It's the beginning of the end. The death of something beautiful and magical. 

But unlike the seasons, I'm not sure if our love can be reborn. 

However, I do wish I could have someone to ease the pains with. Someone to kiss whenever I feel to down. Someone to love me no matter what happens. 

--

A/N: I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER GUISE BUT THIS JUST NEEDED TO BE SHORT GAH. AND LATE UPDATES SORRY. I'VE BEEN LOSING INSPIRATION BUT I WAS LIKE NO AND WROTE THIS.

I'll update quickly by tomorrow! Pinky promise! So... let's go with 20+ votes on this chapter by 8:00 PM tomorrow and 14 comments too.

This chapter is dedicated spottiesoph who is totally adorable! Thanks for your support :)

The picture off to the side is really of Piper, but this not exactly how I imagined Piper to look. This is a pretty good picture of Faye, especially with those eyes XD 

Oh, right the song. I chose Give Me Love because at this point they are both wishing for the love they used to have together. 

Eh... what else...OH!! With the analysis, you don't have to read it if you don't want to but I did my best to explain what's going on. This isn't exactly the full analysis, so you can still interpret Faye however you want to. Even I don't know everything about her character and that's my own analysis. It isn't the bible so don't take it too serious.

Dedication to a commenter

Thanks and love always,

Em