A New Years Event

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
               10.A New Years Event
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Tomoe's POV:

"Hurry up you dumb snake!!" Kurama shouts.

"I'm trying to hurry! It's hard to put up decorations." Mizuki shouts back.

It's New Year's Day and we're having a party at the shrine. An open event for all humans to come and enjoy. My lady and mistress had put up posters and spread the news without us knowing till now. No way to get out of it I guess.

"Tomoe. Could you help me out over here?" Nanami stands on a chair that's placed under a tree.

"What are you doing?" I sigh.

"I'm putting some streamers up on the tree and I need you to hand me each one." She looks down at me.

"Why don't you put lights up and clean up with the others? Let me do the trees." I look up at her.

"No way!" She giggles.

She starts putting streamers up. I shake my head in a playful way and start to help along with her.

It's been a week since we started dating. Things haven't changed in front of the others, meaning we don't want them to know. At least we get to seek out once and a while for a date.

"We are heading out to make sure the booths and late night acts will make it." Mizuki runs over to us.

"And to buy fireworks." Kurama continues.

"I wanna come along too!" Nanami jumps from the chair and runs over to the snake and the tengu.

"I will come along as well." I walk over.

"Okay then! Let's go!!" Mizuki laughs.

~~
Later That Night:
~~

Nanami's POV:

"Only an hour till the new year!" A random lady shouts.

After all our hard work, it payed off. The shrine looked beautiful with all the lights and streamers. The booths decorated in only the brightest of colors and the smell of food filled the air.

Lots of people showed up to the point where it's packed. More then last times event.

"Nana-chan!! Somethings wrong over here!" Mizuki calls out to me.

"Huh?" I rush over as quick as I can.

"The fireworks display... The buttons aren't working..." Mizuki pouts.

"Why do you want to press them now?" I shake my head.

"I tripped and pressed one by accident. It felt jammed so I tried the others and all of them are stuck!" He cries out.

"What can we do about it?" I sigh.

"We need to get a new one." He tries pressing the buttons but they don't move.

"I'll go get them!" I slam my hands down on them.

"Are you sure? I don't think any stores will be ope-..." I cut him off.

"No! I planned the event so it's my responsibility. Plus I don't want to ruin everyone's new year." I shake my head over and over again.