Chapter 19

Our little acoustic session turned out quite nicely. Niall and Harry played beautifully together, Ashton was awesome with the box, as always, and my vocals were surprisingly on point. Marie was in charge of taking the videos and uploading them to Harry's YouTube channel, somehow it made us feel less guilty of not having Marcos with us. We got so in to the whole thing that we didn't even notice the time, by the time we were done it was past midnight and there was about a foot of snow outside. No one was either going to walk or drive, Marie stayed with Ashton and Harry is sleeping on the sofa in the living room.

As usual, I'm having trouble sleeping, I tried reading for a while but I couldn't concentrate on what was going on in the book so I stopped. I decided watching a movie would probably help me relax, so I'm browsing in Netflix for something to watch. I don't know if it's a good idea right now, but I end up selecting a romantic movie. I'm about to hit play when I hear a knock on the door. Niall?

"Come in!" I hear the door opening slowly and then close. I expect to see Niall walk in, so I'm a little startled when I realize is not him.

"Hey, sorry, I- I couldn't sleep and I saw your light was on, so I-" he says running his hands through his messy hair.

"It's ok, I couldn't sleep either," I say shyly. I don't know if it's the messy hair or the way the sweatpants he's wearing sit low on his hips granting me with a perfect view of his lower abs when he moves his arms up, or the way his green eyes stand out even in the dim light, but I can't keep my eyes off of him.

"What are you watching?" He asks pointing to my laptop.

"I was going to watch a movie," I say trying not to stare too much at him but finding it hard.

"Oh," he says and just stands there with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes fixed on mine.

"Y-you wanna' watch it with me?" I ask him and for some reason I really want him to say yes.

"Yeah, why not?" He answers with a shrug.

"Ok," I say with a smile, he smiles back but doesn't move from where he's standing.

"Umm, can I?" He points to the bed.

"Oh, yeah, come on," I say scooting to the side and patting the space next to me.

"God, this feels nice, I was freezing out there", he says sitting next to me and pulling the comforter up to his waist. "So, what are we watching?" He asks leaning closer to me.

"It's called If I Stay, it's sort of a romantic movie." It does feel kind of weird watching a romantic movie with him sitting next to me on my bed, maybe I should pick something else to watch ...

"Hmmm, so you're a hopeless romantic after all." He looks at me with a big smirk on his face.

"What? No, I'm not! You know what, I'm gonna' pick another one," I say turning my eyes to look at the screen. Me, a hopeless romantic? Never!

"No, don't change it, I've heard that's a good movie," he says touching my arm to stop me from changing it.

"Ok, but just for the record, I only want to watch it because of the music," I tell him before I click on play.

"Don't worry love, I'm not going to tell anyone." He whispers in my ear and just then I realize how close we are sitting and I start thinking maybe this is not a really good idea after all.

+++

I'm in my room lying on my bed reading a book when the door opens. He stands there watching me, I can tell he's been drinking, I can smell the alcohol from here. He walks up to me and I cringe, why is he even here? Doesn't he have some other place to go?