Chapter 12

When we  walk in the club the place is already packed. We follow Ed to the area that was reserved for us. It's a nice lounge area, with two sofas and a small table set with different, mostly alcoholic, beverages, ice buckets and enough glasses for all of us.

The first thing we do is take some shots. I wince as the alcohol goes down my throat leaving a burning sensation. After that Niall hands me a drink and pulls me to the dance floor; we dance and drink at the same time. Soon after, everyone else joins us. Niall and I are not the best dancers in the world, but we know how to have fun on the dance floor. I see Ashton and Marie getting their groove on, unlike us, they do know how to move. Harry seems to be doing his own thing while Phoebe tries to follow him. Ed and Ashley seem to have gone back to the lounge area for more drinks. Sure enough, they come back with the bottle of tequila and start passing it along.

Everyone in the group takes turns drinking from the bottle except me, I already feel a little light headed and I don't want to get drunk. I don't like making a fool of myself plus I hate being hung over the next day.

The music transitions to a slow song and we all start walking back to the lounge area. I feel someone grab by arm. Out of instinct I try to break free from the grip, but it only gets tighter. I turn around pissed.

"Dance with me." He looks down at me with glazy eyes.

"You're drunk." I spit out, jerking my arm out of his grip.

"Please Jenny; I swear I'm not drunk." Although his speech seems slower than usual, he doesn't really sound like he's drunk. Tipsy, yes, but not drunk.

"Ok." I roll my eyes and he smiles like a little kid. I'm not sure why I agreed to it so easily, must be the alcohol in my blood clouding my judgment.

He takes my hand and leads us further into the dance floor, out of site from our group. We stand facing each other as he puts one hand on my waist still holding my other hand in his. I tense and freeze not knowing what to do as I feel the warmth of his touch through the sheer fabric of my blouse.

"Relax, Jenny..." He whispers in my ear as he takes my free hand and places it on his shoulder. Then does the same thing with my other hand and puts his other hand on my waist.

As much as I want to relax I feel nervous and tense. I don't think I've ever slow danced with anyone before. It feels like something so intimate and yet here we are... Our bodies just inches apart. It's not like we are complete strangers, but I wouldn't even say we are really friends. I mean, I don't know anything about him except the fact that he's an exchange student from London and friends with Ed.

We move slowly to the beat of the song. I focus on his, mostly bare, chest as I don't want to look into his eyes but his shirt is half unbuttoned, as usual, giving me a clear view of his well-defined pecs. My hands rest just above the two swallow tattoos that adorn both sides of his chest and I keep thinking how different he is from everyone else I know.

"So, Niall's not your boyfriend then." He finally breaks the silence, talking close to my ear.

"I never said he was." I look up at him.

"But you never corrected Ed though."

"That's true. So, how do you know he's not?" I look into his eyes.

"I observe people," he says elongating the "v".

"And what have you observed?" I try to imitate his accent and elongating the last word to mimic him.

"Hey, are you making fun of me?" He furrows his brow teasingly.

"Maybe..." I tease him back. He then grabs my hand and swirls me around and I start laughing. When I stop twirling around he pulls me closer to him and I immediately stop laughing. His right hand is now on the small of my back and his left one holds my right hand close to his chest. His eyes focus on mine with such intensity that my heart starts beating a little faster. I look away quickly trying to ignore his green eyes.