Chapter 11

When I woke up Sunday morning I was lying on my bed, I tried to remember how I got there, but my last recollection was falling asleep on the sofa next to Niall. I assumed he had carried me to bed, it wouldn't have been the first time; I guess that's one advantage of being so petite. I had practice in the afternoon and this time Niall came along, when we were done he took me to dinner, his treat, it was really nice of him. We talked and joked around as usual and even shared dessert, it felt good to spend the entire day with him just like old times. I have to admit, I missed that more than I thought.

The rest of the week went by very quickly. This time it was Harry the one acting kind of weird. There were no more paper notes or paper airplanes thrown during class. He didn't wait for me afterwards either or offer to walk me to my next class, actually, he left even before I was able to say hi, it seemed as he was purposely avoiding me for some reason.

On Thursday he showed up during our practice and took some videos for the promo but he wasn't very talkative and his eyes looked kind of sad, something was definitely bothering him but I didn't have the nerve to ask; it's not like we are actually friends or anything.

Friday was my rest day; I even skipped our weekly gig to stay home. The boys were a little pissed, but they knew I was tired and needed to save my voice for Saturday. I'm sure they did fine without me, Niall and Ashton are great singers and there are plenty of songs that they can play without me. I didn't even wait up for them; I just watched a movie in Netflix and went to bed early. I think I heard Niall come in at some point to check up on me but may be that was just a dream.

+++

"So, is that British hottie going to be there tonight?" Marie asks me as she applies mascara on my eyelashes. She volunteered to do my hair and make up for tonight, I'm glad she did because I'm not very good with any of that. She did a waterfall braid on my hair and is now finishing my makeup.

"I don't know any British hotties, but if you're talking about Harry, yes he's going to be there, he's going to be working the camera for the livestream."

"Oh my God, there's going to be a livestream?!" She practically squeals in my ear.

"Yeah, honestly I'm kind of nervous about the whole thing, I hate cameras." I get butterflies just thinking about it; I hope I don't mess up.

"Are you kidding? I would give anything to have a hot guy like him taking a video of me. I would be staring at the camera looking all sexy and shit." She starts making her "sexy" faces, throwing winks and kisses and I just start laughing. Unlike me, she's very sassy and funny; I think that's why she and Ashton get along so well.

I hear a slight knock on the door followed by Niall's voice asking if he can come in.

"Just a sec, Jesus!" Marie answers as she finishes applying the mascara. She takes two steps back and looks at me, a big smile on her face. "You can come in now!"

Niall comes in and walks slowly towards us, as he comes near, his eyes go wide and he stops dead on his tracks.

"Jenny, you look-" he starts saying without taking his eyes off of me.

"She looks hot doesn't she?" Marie stands next to him and rests her elbow on his shoulder. They are both looking at me and I can feel my cheeks starting to blush.

"Ye-" he starts to say but then shakes his head. "You look ... beautiful."

"Thanks, you look great too." I smile at him. He looks very handsome wearing a white V-neck t-shirt, black sports jacket, dark black skinny jeans and his all black converse high tops.