Chapter 17

"Ok, so tell me, what's your brilliant idea for the song?" I ask Harry once I sit on the piano bench trying not to bend my knee too much, I'm wearing some knee support that Dr. Stevens gave me and it helps a lot.

"Ok, the first verse it's about a girl from New York. She's taking a plane to start a new life and follow her dreams. But then the second verse is about a boy from London, he's also taking a plane, he wants to make it big somewhere new!" He explains all excited.

A girl from New York, and a boy from London, wait a minute ... doesn't this sound awfully familiar?

"Wait, don't tell me they meet and fall in love, because I already told you, no love songs." I look at him arching one of my eyebrows. Nice try, Harry, nice try.

"No, it's not a love song, they bump into each other-" He continues explaining but I cut him off.

"Bump into each other? Seriously Harry? You think I'm stupid?"

"What?! No, of course not." His eyes widen.

"Ok, so it's just coincidence that the song is about a girl from New York and a guy from London that bump into each other where? In Boston? Let me guess, do they fall madly in love with each other and live happily ever after? 'Cause let me tell you right now, that ain't happening."

"God, Jenny, would you let me finish?" He spits out clearly annoyed.

"Ok, go on..." I cross my arms in front of my chest. He looks at me and takes a deep breath before he continues to explain.

"Well, the bridge of the song is when they bump into each other at the airport. They look at each other and realize that they are both going towards the same dream. The final chorus is them singing together. So basically, that's the idea. Two people that come from different places and share the same dreams. See, it's not a love song." He looks at me and smiles. I stay silent for a little bit, thinking about the song. The idea is not so bad after all.

"Ok, I think we can make it work." I start rubbing my knee.

"Are you ok, does it hurt?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to have it elevated." He scoots over with his stool, getting closer to me.

"Put your leg up here," he says patting his thigh. I look at him skeptically and shift on my seat trying to get more comfortable. The truth is I would be a lot more comfortable with my leg up, but there's absolutely no way I'm putting it on Harry's lap. Knowing him he'll probably want to give me a massage or something.

"No, I'm fine." I lie.

"Jenny, you're such a bad liar." He shakes his head rolling his eyes.

"Maybe I should just go home and rest for tonight's gig." I start to get up.

"Oh, and how are you getting home?"

I put on my coat and take a set of keys out from my pocket. "I have Marcos' SUV." I show Harry the keys.

"Oh, that was nice of him." He gets up and starts putting on his coat.

"Yeah, I told him he was crazy since I can barely drive, but he seems to trust me." I chuckle.

"You want me to drive? I'm an excellent driver!" He smiles giving me a thumbs up with both of his hands.

"It's ok, it's only a mile, I'm sure I can handle it." I grab my things ready to get out.

"If you say so..." He replies sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm not that bad, " I say with a frown, punching him on the arm.