Chapter 13

"I think  I'm gonna' puke." Niall says as we enter the apartment. Ashton is holding him on one side and I'm on the other.

"Fuck Niall, hold it in 'til we get to the fucking bathroom." Ashton says and we both start walking towards the bathroom, Niall clinging on to us. Thankfully we make it on time. He drops on his knees in front of the toilet and starts throwing up. Ash and I walk out to the hall to give him some space and to be able to breathe, but we leave the door open to keep an eye on him.

"Why did he get so fucking drunk?" Ash asks me looking towards the bathroom.

"I don't know Ash. I guess he was pissed at me." I let out at a sigh as I run my hands through my hair. This whole thing has me stressed out.

"I guess he was really pissed then." Ash says and I can hear Niall still vomiting in the bathroom. Ash looks down at me and lowers his voice. "Is it ok if I leave you alone with him? I was planning on sleeping at Marie's tonight." He wiggles his eyebrows up and down. "But if you need me here I'll stay."

"Nah, I'm fine, you can go have sex with your girlfriend, just... don't go making any babies yet." I wink at him.

"No babies, I promise." He winks back at me. He takes one last look towards the bathroom. "If you need me just call, ok?"

"Sure."

I watch as he leaves and then I walk closer to the bathroom door. I watch as Niall gets up and flushes the toilet, then walks over to the sink, brushes his teeth and washes his face.

"Feeling better?" I ask him as he turns the water off.

"Yeah," he mumbles avoiding my eyes.

"Let's get you to bed, ok?" I offer him my hand, but he doesn't take it.

"I think I'm gonna' sit on the sofa for a bit." He walks past me and heads towards the living room. I follow behind him and watch as he plops down on the sofa.

"I'm gonna' get you some water." I walk past the living room towards the kitchen.

"I'm fine, Jenny, just go to sleep." He slurs his words as he speaks and I ignore what he just said. He has always taken care of me and I've always taken care of him, tonight is not going to be the exception so I walk to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

"Here take this." I hold a glass of water and two Tylenols in front of him.

"I told you I'm fine," he says without even opening his eyes.

"Niall, come on. Do you want to feel like shit in the morning?"

"Fine." He sighs and opens his eyes half way. I hand him the glass and the pills and watch as he swallows them and drinks all the water. He hands me back the glass and rests his head on the sofa again closing his eyes.

"Thanks, you can go to bed now." He gestures with his hand for me to leave.

"I'm not leaving you alone."

"I want to be alone, Jenny." It hurts that he doesn't want me to stay with him, I just want to make sure he's ok, but if he doesn't want me near I can't force him.

"Ok, good night then," I say before I walk towards my room, tears starting to sting my eyes.

+++

The sound of someone opening my door wakes me up.

"Ouch! Fuck!" I hear Niall curse after a loud thump.

"Niall, are you ok?" I turn on the light on my nightstand and see Niall bent over rubbing his knee.

"Yeah, I just hit my knee with the freaking door." He walks towards my bed. I pat the space next to me gesturing for him to sit. He sits next to me getting under the covers.

"So, are you feeling better?" I ask him.

"Yeah," he says nodding his head. He turns his head and looks at me, his eyes are still bloodshot and I'm pretty sure he's not completely sober yet.

"I'm sorry I acted like a jerk, Jenny. I got drunk and ruined the night for you, I'm really, really sorry. Can you forgive me?" He looks at me with pleading eyes, I think about all the things I want to ask him but I just can't find the nerve to do it.

"Sure, I forgive you, but don't do it again, ok? It was stupid." I run my hand through his hair. He closes his eyes and lets out a big sigh before he opens them again.

"I don't know what came over me... I acted like a fucking jealous asshole." He chuckles and shakes his head. "I feel so bad now."

"It's ok." I lean my head on his shoulder. We stay quiet for a while and my mind starts driving me crazy.

Ask him. You need to talk things out.

Come on, you can do it. Ask him.

Ughh, why is this so damn hard.

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

Do you have feelings for me?

"Why were you acting like that?" I ask in a whisper. He takes a deep breath and rests his head against mine.

"I guess I'm so used to this." He gestures back and forth between us. "That I get scared of losing you."

"Oh..." So he's not in love with me then. Well, that's a relief.

Or maybe he's afraid to tell you, you fool ...

"Niall, you're not going to lose me. No matter what happens, we'll always have each other. I hate to tell you this, but you're stuck with me forever." I turn my head to look at him and smile. I may not be able to see the future, but I know that family is forever and Niall is part of it. I rest my head against his shoulder again and close my eyes feeling incredibly sleepy all of a sudden.

Niall kisses the top of my head and I feel him put his arm around me. My eyes are so heavy I can't open them anymore and I can feel my body start to relax with the familiar warmth.

"I hope you're right." Niall whispers before I'm completely asleep.