Chapter 20

Chapter 20

When we reached the shadow of the trees Ally began to take her clothes off.

"What are you doing?" I asked in her head. Well technically I just yelled what I was thinking in my head in hopes that she would hear it.

"You and I are going for a run first. I want to show you our pack lands" She said aloud, as she took off her last pieces of clothing. Even though Ally and I had the same "parts" it was still awkward seeing my friend naked. Luckily it only lasted a few moments before she shifted into her dark silver wolf. I had to sit back and admire her sleek fur for a second; the way each strand faded from silver to black was beautiful, I remember Noah mentioning that this was an Alpha thing in this pack and that other packs changed to different colours.

Ally picked up her clothes with her mouth and put them inside a convenient hole which was carved into a tree in front of us. She turned to look at me and motioned with her head for us to move into the trees.

I looked back at the house and saw Noah and Jake lifting Caitlin inside the pack building. Seeing this helped me relax and I decided my burns could wait, they weren't annoying me anymore and I really wanted to see the land.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ally was getting impatient with me. I asked her if we could run slowly while I was still getting used to this whole four legged thing. She slowed her pace a lot but I could tell she was dying to just let go. I felt like I was going fast enough, I wouldn't be able to run this fast in my human form but funnily I didn't feel tired or puffed out at all, running felt just as easy as walking. Finally after a few miles I decided to step it up a notch and run at Ally's pace, which was like going from a horse and carriage to a Ferrari, it was terrifying because I only saw obstacles about a second before I had to dodge them, but it was exhilarating and one of the best feelings in the world.

"That's Doris Bloomwood's place" Ally said in my head as she pointed her nose at the Bloomwood's house. "They had a pack in Canada but Doris' brother over threw his father and kicked them out, this was the only place they could go"

I sniffed the air and found that I could smell the difference between Ally's wolf and the smell that surrounded the Bloomwood's place.

"The Bloomwood's are rogues Dyls, but they are good people, we can always rely on Doris's dad to back us up, he had an alliance with my father before his son took over" She said before we carried on running.

We came to a small clearing in the middle of the woods, I had never seen this part before. There was a small cottage in the clearing, sitting next to the stream. It was a little orange brick house with a small lean-to acting as a garage for a scooter. the windows were small and dusty and it looked as if it wasn't really being lived in but the chimney was bellowing out big puffs of smoke so I knew someone was inside.

"This is Dalton Thatcher's house, he moved here not long after your mom did, he keeps to himself a lot but he's a really nice man, you'd like him" She said in my head. I gathered that this tour of the pack lands also included pointing out all the rogues that had made home in this area. What a great way to kill two birds with one stone. I thought to myself

"Thanks" Ally said and then we were on the move again.

"Uncle Max's Diner??" I asked in Ally's head. Uncle Max was Rheon's brother, he wasn't a rogue. It thought to myself.

"No, But aunt Dana was, before she met Uncle Max, Rogues are still people, Good people mostly, my dad knows how to pick the good ones from the bad ones, and luckily so does Noah. You should really trust him on Caitlin Dyls, she's a bad person" Ally said looking me in the eyes. I knew that Caitlin wasn't a very nice person, but I didn't want to go so far as to say she was a bad person. Good people can do bad stuff too.