Chapter 29

"Does Cotton know?" I asked my mother, We sat side by side on the bed of the guest room she was staying in.

"No Cotton doesnt know, When Frank found little cotton, he knew the boy looked familiar,
But contrary to the story Jake told you, James was one of the last people Frank called about the boy. Your Uncle knew it was his son, but for some reason, he told Frank and Theo that he knew nothing about him" she replied staring out the window as if it would help her remember (Authors note: I know its been a long time since i mentioned Frank so just incase yalls dont remember, Frank is Jakes dad)

I wondered as my mother spoke, how much weirder this could get, if infact it could get any weirder. James was my uncle, who wants to take over my pack and possibly kill my mate and his family, his daughter is my cousin, and she would like nothing more than to shred the skin off my face, She has a twin brother who happens to be my ex boyfriends best friend, and my bestfriends mate, my bestfriend will probably be my sister in law in the future, meaning my sister in law and cousin are a couple, my ex boyfriend is in a relationship with my psyco cousin, my mother lied to me about who i was for my whole life, my father is actually dead, the only grandparents i have ever known are actually not related to me, they are friends of my grandmother, so the people i thought i was related to are not infact family, and the people i call enemies ARE family. I feel i am going to have to keep a book in my pocket of people and their relation to me. 

"Its obvious why mom, Because he planted Cotton here to spy for him" I said, a little louder than i should have.

"Keep your voice down, you know theres shifters down stairs" She replied, standing up to move to the other side of the room.

"Well isnt it obvious" i asked again

"No Cotton was only a toddler when he was found. Hes the same age as you, Younger by a few months, James met his mate just after i left the pack" She sat on the leather chair in the corner of the room and took her shoes off. She really had aged quite a bit in the last month, i couldnt help but compare her to Noahs parents, Sophia didnt look like this, and Rheon barely looked much older than Noah. 

"Its because you left me, its not just because you turned eighteen, Yes that starts the process, Wolves are pack animals, Even though there was just the two of us, we were stronger together, When you seperate from a pack, you age normally, I dont know why, ive never been told an actual reason, i guess its a subconcious thing,  because as a rogue or lone wolf, you have to blend more into a human society, meaning you need to age normally, In a pack, you dont need to blend, Pack lands are usually in very small towns with small populations, if possible the entire town will be made up of wolves, If there are humans around, they will either know about wolves or be mated to a wolf" She began changing into a fitted tshirt and sweat pants. She tied her hair back as she continued

"Humans arent idiots, they would know something wasnt right if they knew a person who was 45 but looked no older than 21. Although in some cases we can lie and say we are younger than we actually are, if you plan on living in that town, odds are you will have to show some form of identification at some point" She said finishing her sentence with a nod of satisfaction of a point well made. 

"Here, i bought you some clothes, from home, though i trust Noah has bought you new clothes already. Go and get changed and then we will go out and train" She said throwing me a duffle bag full of my clothes.

"Train?" i asked curiously

"Yes Noahs uncle and aunt Ramiri and Mikaere will be joining us, Noahs Aunt Mel and Uncle Todd too, Mel is training us girls and Todd wants to talk tactics with the men, Dylan, i said i will not fight against James and my old pack, But i wont let any of them hurt you either, I will protect you with everything i have, he is my brother, and they are all people i love. You however, are the person i love most, and although i said i wouldnt hurt any of them, i wont let them try to hurt you either" She said putting her hand on my shoulder and looking into my eyes, As close as we were, ive never had such a conversation with my mom, this was quite intense for her. The way she said it told me how much she meant it, but the energy she was giving off showed me just how far she would go to protect me from anything.