Chapter 17

this might be a little bit of a let down for ya'll. Unfortunately this chapter is a tad bit short, I forgot to save my work and my laptop died while I was in town today. So i had to re-write half of this and its not as long as i had it the first time around. Sorry guys :(

On a happier note, Found out that UNICORNS are Scotland's National Animal!

also wanted to say welcome to all new readers. Thanks for checking out my book :) xoxo

Brian's POV.............

"Cotton!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, I had been trying to link with him for hours and so far no luck. Where the hell is he? I thought to myself as I ran through the woods trying to pick up any scent trails.

"Jake? Have you found anything?" I said, trying to enter Jakes mind for the third time in the last hour. I had sent Jake over to check in with Rheon's pack a few hours ago to check their woods for any sign of Cotton. I pushed at his mind again, urging him to answer me, this time I found myself struggling, as if the bond between us was closing off.

We were searching in human form just in case we needed to run through town to get to each other. We only had a hand full of others besides Jake and I searching in each area, Jakes parents and two of my father's guards were with Jake. My father had called Rheon earlier on to ask permission to search his woods with the help of some of his men. Cotton was an important part of our pack, and it was imperative that we found him.

Suddenly my cell phone started going off in my pocket. Jakes name was flashing across the screen.

"Jake, why didn't you just link? Have you found something?" I asked as I scratched my back against a tree. A few of the other guys that were helping with the search stopped in front of me.

"Caitlin" Was all he said.

"Caitlin? What's this got to do with her?" I growled. She better not have anything to do with this I thought to myself. Fur was sprouting up over my hands and chest.

"Cotton is a total mess; I'm sending you through a picture of him now. And guess whose fucking stench is all over his body?" Jake growled back, I couldn't help but feel like he was holding me somewhat responsible for this, which made my wolf lurch forward in anger. My canines were protruding and I was finding it difficult to speak.

"Where are you? I'll call doc and arrange transport" I said, my voice was shaky, probably because my whole body was shaking with pure rage. This is the second time Caitlin has been involved with hurting people I love. This was the last time. I wanted to hunt her down and rip her up into tiny pieces and mail her back to her father in a postage satchel. Even if I didn't kill her, she was definitely going back to her father.

"No!" Jake yelled.

No? What did he mean no? Cotton needed the pack doctor and I needed to know where they were so I could send him.

"Were not coming back Brian, Its safer for me and my family to stay with Rheon's pack. I suggest you get rid of that little bitch before she destroys the rest of your pack" With that said, Jake hung up the phone.

I stood still in shock for a second staring out into thin air. What the fuck just happened? I asked myself. My wolf had pulled back, he knew we had just lost our two best friends and he was feeling a little lost right now, as was I.

I looked at my phone and saw the screen was flashing with a notification saying "1 message received" I tapped the screen and opened the message from Jake to find a picture of Cotton, lying on a hospital bed, His body was covered in slashes and bite marks, His face was swollen but you couldn't make out the damage because of all the blood. This was definitely not the work of just one little girl, she must have had help.

"Kael" I said with my teeth gritted together.

I didn't stop to think, the transformation was quick and painless. I dashed through the woods so fast I almost crashed into a few trees. Saliva was dripping from my mouth as the thirst for blood pushed me to move even faster. Kael should have learnt his fucking lesson, how could he do this to Cotton? They were good friends before Caitlin started all her shit stirring.

My paws were burning as I bounded across the fields in front of my house. Kael was inside.

Suddenly I came to an abrupt halt. Kael can't have helped do this to Cotton. He's been in the infirmary since the early hours of Saturday morning. In fact, thanks to Ally, He didn't look much better than Cotton did right now.

I sank to the ground feeling defeated. What the fuck was going on, No wonder Jake and his family wanted to leave, I had no control over my pack. Things here were turning to shit and I didn't know what to do about it. I was a weak Alpha.

"Honey what's wrong?" Caitlin said from behind me. Her voice was just as irritating to my ears as the sound of nails against a chalk board. I slowly stood up from the ground, still in my wolf form. My nostrils flared as I huffed in her face which sent her hair flying over her shoulder.

A sick little smile appeared on her face and she let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Oh, you found Cotton?" she said with a smirk.

Before she could say anything else that would irritate me further I lifted my right paw and crashed it against her chest, pinning her to the ground in one swift movement. I towered over her body licking my lips with want, my wolf was frothing at the mouth, eager to sink his teeth into her and feel her warm blood run down my throat. What pissed me off even more was the little smirk didn't disappear from her fucking ratty face.

I growled loudly lunging forward at her face. I was so angry that I even screamed "RAWR!" in my head as I did this. My teeth just nipped the skin on her nose before I moved to stand back up again. Did I really want to do this? Killing her would start a war between our pack and her fathers. With Cotton and Jake gone now, I felt like I was weak against James.

Caitlin pushed herself off the ground and stood up in front of me again. Her smile was still present.

"Face it honey, I run this pack, not you. Cotton was just getting in my way" As these words escaped her lips, my wolf took over and I struggled to hold on to the reins. He flew against Caitlin's pathetic little frame, causing her to shift in midair. My teeth closed around her neck and my paws clawed at her body. The taste of her metallic salty blood saturated my tongue and ran down my throat sending an almost euphoric feeling through my body.

"LET HER GO!" my father commanded from behind me. If he hadn't used his Alpha tone maybe I would have continued. I wanted to bleed the bitch dry.