Chapter 7

Its a bit earlier than I expected to be uploading. But here is chapter 7, I haven't had time to proof read it yet but its decent enough to read. I have a few busy days ahead of me at work so I wasn't sure when I would be able to upload this chapter. Hopefully chapter 8 will not be too far away. THANK YOU FOR READING. and thanks to those of you who vote. Please leave a comment with your thoughts on the story so far. I would love to know what you guys think :)

**************************************************

Chapter 7

I held my aching arm to my chest as I ran through the thick forest of trees in front of me. My feet couldn't carry me fast enough. Only one thought was going through my mind and that was "Run".

The forest was dark and scary but it was the easiest way to get away from everyone, even if it meant being lost, I didn't want to be there at that party after what just happened. The bite mark on my arm was throbbing and blood was flowing from the wound. My heart was pumping double time, with all this adrenaline.

I came to a stop at a stream in the middle of a clearing. Ally and I had been here before when we were younger; we tried to catch fish like proper fishermen and ended up losing one of Ally's dad's fishing rods. I cupped my hand and dipped it into the water, scooping a handful over my wounded arm and washing away the blood.

I wasn't sure how clean the water was but I knew I needed to clean the wound. There was no way I could hide this from my mom, she is going to flip.

I decided to rest my back against a tree for a few minutes to catch my breath, by which time my eyes should have adjusted to the darkness. I tried to take a look at my wound but it was too dark, I could just make out the outline of the bite

I pushed off from the tree and looked around, searching for a good path to take, Ally would be going crazy by now, I hadn't been out here for too long but Ally would definitely be worrying by now. And I didn't have my phone on me to text her.

I stood still looking through the trees at the little light there was, coming from the party, Now that my eyes had fully adjusted it was more disorientating than it had been when I couldn't see. There was a clear beam of moonlight shining through the gaps in the trees; it was illuminating enough of the forest floor for me to be able to run back to the party safely. I wasn't going inside but I would wait for Ally to find me, somewhere a little more safe and visible.

I took a deep breath and started running in the direction of the party. I could have walked but I figured the slower my pace the more time I would be giving myself to be creeped out by the darkness of the forest, and the more time I would be giving Ally to freak out and lose the plot. Apart from that I was actually really enjoying this run. I decided it was what I needed to burn off all this adrenaline.

The music from the party was getting louder and I could see lights from the barn beaming through the trees. I was almost there.

All of a sudden I was flying through the air, I had caught my foot on a tree root and now I was going to collide with a bush.

I was lying on the ground, with something heavy pinning my arms up above my head. I could hear growling from above me. I opened my eyes to find a pair of glittering golden eyes staring at me. I let out a small squeal of a scream which earned me a warning bark from the creature holding me down.

Copper fur, pointed ears, Long snout, you can imagine my surprise when I figured out the bush I collided with was actually a wolf.

Just my luck I thought to myself. First I get bitten by a boy, and then I get finished off by a wolf.

The wolf let out a louder growl and then jumped away from me, it was circling around me snapping in my direction and growling loudly. I couldn't understand why it didn't just kill me; if it was going to keep going like this it should have just killed me.