Chapter 35

Im writting this in an empty bathtub with an ice pack on my head...... it is hot as f*** outside and if it doesnt start cooling down soon im going to turn into a demon #callthewinchesters

Alisons POV

"Ally, I need you to know that Cotton's attack on Pete and his accusations have hurt our pack, and although i understand he is your mate, he also needs to be held accountable for his actions" My father said as we drove to Uncle Max's Diner. 

Brian told me to bring my father along, even if my father wasnt coming, i still needed to tell him so that the Diner was clear when Brian and Cotton arrived.

"Cotton" i sighed, feeling him closer to me as we pulled into the diner parking lot. 

Uncle Max and Aunt Dana had been busy, the deck that was at the front entrance had now been extended, it now looked more like a fancy resteraunt, It was always a reasonably fancy place for a Diner but now it was even more posh. The driveway had been dug up and new concrete had been put down. There was a short concrete wall with a turquoise and mirror tiled mosaic running in a thick strip across the top. There were yuka trees planted in pots against the wall and small garden lights sat below them beaming up at the mosaic border on the wall.

The car park had been extended on either side of the diner and there had been lines painted on the new concrete to show people where they could pack. Dad was smiling as he slid out of his truck and stood with his hands on his hips staring up at all the new renovations.

"Well obviously this place is making more money than your uncle leads on" he laughed shutting his door and walking up the stairs to sit on the deck chairs that were bolted down to the wooden boards. I laughed when i thought about how easily one of our people could rip those chairs out. 

"So you realise its not going to be all rainbows and butterflies right? we will listen to what they have to say but Cotton cannot be trusted, and sadly, with Theo betraying our loyalty for James, Brian cannot be trusted either" My father said putting his arm over my shoulder allowing me to lean my head against his shoulder.

"I know" i replied. I knew what could happen. I knew that there was something wrong with Cotton and that i couldnt fully trust him even though i wanted to. I knew that Brian was untrustworthy and i knew that they could easily bring a hundred men with them and kill us right now. But i heard the urgency in Brians voice, I heard the plea for help, the desperation to be heard. 

"They will be here soon, You should tell Uncle max and the others to get in place" i said

We werent fools, We knew that they could possibly try to attack us right here and now. Uncle Max, uncle Sean, Jake, Frank and Lukas were all standing near by. Noah and Dylan didnt know about the meeting just yet, they thought that the men were all out on rounds and Dylan thought that i was helping going with my father to speak with Doris Bloomwood's family. Little did she know we had done that earlier this morning. (Just to recap, Doris bloomwood is the popular girl who had the party earlier in the book, her family are "rogue" shifters who made their home in the Rogue lands when her father was over thrown by brother) 

"Here they come" My father said dropping his arm from my shoulder and standing up and walking to meet them at the foot of the stairs.

Brian was the first out of the car, He threw his keys to my father and raised his hands walking slowly over to the stairs, My father patted him down and when he was happy he nodded for Cotton to get out of the car. 

The door opened slowly, i could see it shaking, he was nervous, i felt it. His eyes were focused on the ground as he stepped out of the car and raised his hands in the air, He walked towards my father who patted him down also. When they were done my father nodded his head and gestured for them to head up the stairs to the table i was sitting at.