Chapter 19

Jakes orders were to take Ally and I to the cells, apparently they had all been conversing with each other through their mind link.

On the way over to the prison, which we had to drive to because I couldn't run like the others, Jake told me about pack prisons and what they were mostly used for. He also told me about the way they were built to contain werewolves; the bars were made of pure silver which werewolves were allergic to, and the concrete walls were reinforced by layers of metal and more concrete, the cells were also all underground which meant there was also earth behind those walls which also acted as reinforcement. It wasn't until Jake explained all of the steps taken to ensure there wouldn't be any escapes that I realized how strong werewolves were.

I had seen Noah shift before and I knew that they differed from your average wolf. Noah was just as tall as I was when he was in his wolf form and his body was a lot bigger. But I never really understood their strength until now.

"When Noah gets called away to do Alpha stuff, he has to get his head in the game, he can't be dealing with Rogues and thinking about you, you're a distraction when he needs to be focusing" Jake made me realise why Noah was acting so strange this morning, He needed to be strong and stern when he was doing his Alpha stuff because that's what his pack expected from him, he was the one who kept them all safe and kept everything running around here. I wasn't exactly mad at him this morning but I was a little pissed off. I didn't understand why he was being a grump, but now I do.

The prison building just looked like any other building, it was two stories high and had a modern office sort of feel to it. The outside of the building was charcoal grey with light grey panels and grey concrete stairs that led to two glass double doors with stainless steel handles that started at the top of the doors and went to the bottom.

The inside of the building was very plain and boring, more grey and charcoal walls, with white and black furniture. For some reason there was a vase full of bright coloured flowers sitting on a coffee table in the foyer, they seemed out of place and made the room seem like the entrance to a funeral home and not a prison. Maybe this building isn't just used to hold hostages and criminals. I thought to myself.

"Come on this way" Ally whispered as she moved next to me and grabbed my hand. We walked down a narrow corridor and down a flight of stairs then down another narrow corridor and more stairs until we came to a wide room with three solid doors with password panels next to each one on the wall. Ally moved to the right side door and punched in a code. There was a few beeps and then the door opened and the four of us walked inside.

There were a few guards all standing around doing nothing when we walked into the new wide corridor. I could see four large solid doors on the left side and then a row of barred cells along the right side. Noah was standing right at the end of the hallway leaning against the wall on the left side, staring into a barred cell on the right.

Noah wasn't wearing a shirt and his baggy track pants had small splatters on blood on the side of his leg that I could see. As Ally and I got closer he looked up at me. His eyes were dark and his body was covered in sweat. He didn't really look very approachable right now but I still kept walking towards him anyway.

When I was only a few feet away from him he pushed off from the wall and came closer to me. He wrapped me up in his arms and buried his head in my hair. I could hear him taking long deep breaths against my neck. I just brushed it off as another wolf thing. I was glad he wasn't being grumpy anymore.

"Oh great, can somebody get me a barf bag?" a raspy voice came from the cell in front of us. Caitlin sat on the floor leaning against the wall, her face was bruised and bloody and she had a bandage wrapped around her neck and her waist. She was only wearing a sports bra and some shorts, and she looked like absolute shit.