Chapter 11

First of all I just wanted to thank all of you who are reading this book. I am so thankful for all the support, it gives me such a buzz!

Here it is

Chapter 11

My mom had said very little since she got home. She, Noah and I were sitting in awkward silence in the living room, looking between each other.

I had shoved Noah out the back door as soon as we heard my mom's voice, then I shut the door behind him and tried to busy myself in the kitchen.

"Dylan?" my mom said from behind me as she entered the kitchen. "Have you got someone here with you?" she asked eyeing me suspiciously. "A boy?" she said as she made her way to the back door without taking her eyes off me at all. She opened the door and waited for Noah to make his way inside then closed it after him. If I wasn't red from all that kissing I was definitely red now.

When Noah walked inside he came to stand next to me, then held his hand out to my mom and introduced himself. My mom went a little red when she noticed Noah wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Shall we move to the lounge?" she said when she managed to breathe again. "Dylan, do you have a shirt your friend can borrow" She said before leading the way to the living room.

And now here we were sitting in silence.

At least Noah had a shirt on now so that my pervert mother couldn't eye up his abs.

"Your Rheon's son, aren't you?" my mom said finally breaking the ice.

"Yes ma'am" Noah replied next to me, he didn't seem nervous at all with being here with my mom.

"And so you know Dylan through Ally?" My mom asked, she wasn't even mad, or so it seemed to me. She was actually being nice to him.

"Actually, I met Dylan on my own. It wasn't until later that I found out she was Ally's friend" Noah replied. His voice was clear and confident. I think if I tried to speak right now it would just be a squeak.

My mom rested her elbows on her knees and rubbed her face with both of her hands as she let out a long sigh. Then she stood up and walked to the bay window at the other end of the lounge. She had her back to us with her arms crossed over her chest and she was staring up out at the sky.

It was starting to get dark now, I didn't realise how long she had been home.

"You're her mate aren't you" My mom said without turning around to look at us.

"Yes" Noah replied.

"Mate? What are you guys talking about?" I asked, finding that my voice was stronger than I thought it would be.

My mom let out another sigh before sitting down on the window seat.

"I didn't change until my eighteenth birthday. My mother didn't change until her eighteenth either. You usually start feeling the change coming on for a few weeks prior to changing. The first sign is the aggression; the next is an allergy to silver. It runs in our family to change late" My mother started saying before I interrupted. I had a feeling I knew where this story was headed but I couldn't believe it. There was just no way.

"Changed into what?" I asked

she stood up and walked towards me. She crouched down on the floor in front of Noah and I and grabbed my hand.

"Wolves" she said

"Your grandfather was once the Beta of a strong pack, The Amorphous pack. The Alpha of the pack had a son, James. When we were younger we always said that one day we were going to grow up and get married and have lots of babies, But when we reached thirteen and James made the change, We realised we were wrong. We learnt about mates and other things we were now old enough to know, Including James's status in the pack, and my status as the daughter of the beta"