Chapter 15

Hey wonderful people!!

Picture to the side is my inspiration for Nina - Dylan's Mom, the ever gorgeous Olivia Wilde.

Cotton's body was still healing and so Caleb ordered that we keep visits to a minimum. Jake's parents had been sitting with him for a few hours and Jake had been back and forwards all day. Noah had been helping Jake move all of their belongings here while I sat with Ally keeping her company. Jake and his parents had moved into a guest house at the back of Ally's house, we used to have sleep over's in there all the time and pretend we were flat mates.

I was starting to miss Noah, we had only been apart for a few hours but talking with Ally about the pull she felt towards Cotton made me wish he was here.

"So what are we doing for your birthday? Now that your mom's spilled the beans. That was meant to be a part of your birthday dinner" Ally asked as she leaned her head against my shoulder. We were sitting outside on the front deck on the swing chair sharing a huge woollen blanket. The sun was beginning to set over the tree tops. It was truly breath-taking.

"I don't really know. Maybe we could go on a double date when Cottons all better?" I suggested knowing that Ally would like that idea. I had to admit I liked the idea too. I couldn't think of anything better to do on my birthday than spend it with my two best buddies and Noah. Since Cotton was hurt, Ally had completely changed the way she felt about him. She said the pull was always there but she chose to ignore it because of Cotton's behaviour towards her. I didn't blame her, Cotton really was an asshole. But now I understood why.

The more I talked to Ally the more I learnt about my pending transformation and how my life would be afterwards. I was nervous about making the change but there wasn't really much I could do about it. It was going to happen whether I liked it or not. I was also feeling excited. Ally told me about all of her first experiences as a wolf. The first time she went running, the first time she made hunt, the first time she saw Cotton and the things her wolf wanted to do to him, I had to admit I wanted to do some of those things to Noah myself, and I didn't even have a wolf to blame my urges on yet.

I had been wearing a silly smile on my face for the majority of the day, after Cotton woke up that is. I felt like I had had the best sleep of my entire life, I felt invigorated and revitalized. My whole life had gone from good to shit, then back to good, then back to shit mixed with a little bit of crazy and now absolutely amazing all in a few days. It was funny how things turned out.

The sun had now disappeared behind the trees and the night was beginning to set in. Ally and I headed inside and made our way to the kitchen. I called my mom to let her know that I would be staying here the night. I let her know what happened to Cotton and asked her to go and stay with my grandfather for the night. She agreed and told me to keep safe and to stay home from school tomorrow, she told me it would probably be best if Ally and I stayed with Noah but I could tell she was scared of the rogues that had attacked Cotton more than anything.

Ally had pulled out some burger buns, meat patties, chicken breast, cheese, lettuce and tomato and a whole basket full of sauces. I knew Ally would manage all the cutting and prep work but that it would be a lot safer for everyone if I cooked the patties and chicken.

"How many people are we cooking for?" I asked when I saw how much stuff Ally had pulled out. There was enough food to feed an army. I was glad when Ally pulled out a long grill plate that could probably fit all thirty of the meat patties on it at once. Otherwise this could have taken all night.

Ally and I were setting everything down on the dining room table when Noah finally walked in through the front door. I smelt him before I saw him. His scent reminded me of summer, It was sweet and fresh but had a spicy mix, it was seductive and sexy.