Chapter 18

I lay awake for what seemed like hours, watching the soft rise and fall of Noah's chest, tracing his face with my eyes. I wanted to reach out and touch him, feel his body and his face, but I didn't want to wake him. I was enjoying this too much.

As if he knew what I was thinking, Noah's arms slid over the sheets, searching for me. When his hands touched mine his eyes shot open and his lips pulled up into a smile.

"Good morning" I said, smiling back.

"It is indeed" Noah said shuffling over closer to me and putting his arms around my waist to sit on my back. The way he kissed me felt too intense, too sexual for this hour of the day but I was definitely enjoying it. I didn't want to pull away, if it was up to me I would spend all day in bed with Noah like this.

Unfortunately, Ally had other plans.

"Noah!" Ally's panic filled scream came from the other side of the door as she all but knocked the door down with her hammering.

"What the fuck!" Noah yelled back, his eyes had changed to black. He leapt out of the bed, throwing the duvet over me in his haste, it would have been simple to just push the covers off but instead I twisted and turned and got tangled up in the heap of blankets which muffled the conversation Ally and Noah were having.

After finally escaping, I managed to catch the last part of Ally's sentence. "....two of them, in the holding cells. Dad said you can decide what to do with them"

"Okay just let me throw some clothes on. Can you get Jake and Pete to watch over Dylan, And you too sis, I don't want you guys wondering around today, I don't believe two little girls did this to Cotton, if there's more of them, I don't want you guys getting hurt. Is Uncle Max around for interrogation?" Noah said sounding very serious.

"Yes, He and Frank are downstairs waiting for you. Jakes waiting too but ill let him know hes on "Luna duty" instead" Ally said. A few seconds later I heard the door click closed and Noah's quiet footsteps heading towards his dresser. He sighed as he opened his drawers and took out the clothes he would be wearing today.

"Alpha stuff huh?" I said pushing the duvet down and shuffling myself up to a sitting position.

"Yeah" Noah said as he slipped his shirt over his head and then came to stand at the edge of the bed next to me. He looked strange without his usual smile. He looked older; he looked more like his father. I wasn't complaining, Rheon is a very good looking man, but he's also a very serious looking man, the type of man you wouldn't try being cheeky with because you can't tell which way he's going to react. I much rather preferred my playful and charming Noah who was more like his mother. Sophia was always cheery and had a motherly way about her which was very welcoming. I preferred that Noah.

"Jake and Pete will be your guards today; I don't want you and Ally leaving the house you hear?" Noah said almost sounding like his father too. Was that an order? It sounded like an order. I never liked being told what to do by anyone; I liked it even less when it came from Noah.

"Well actually I wanted to go and grab some clothes from my house today" I said as I threw the covers off my body and flung myself out of bed. "I can't just live in your t-shirts, and your pants don't fit me, they're too small" I said feeling a little self-conscious after that confession. Noah had thrown me a pair of shorts last night before we went to bed that had a little stretch in them, but they were too small. The track pants I had worn of his the other day were an extremely loose fit on him, in fact he had to pull the draw cords tight to keep them up, but they fit me quite snuggly.

Even if Noah pulled out a hundred pairs of baggy track pants, I still wanted to wear my own clothes.

"I'll take you to get some when I'm finished. Stay here" he said as he walked out of the room slamming the door behind him. What? No kiss good bye? Not even a smile? I was amazed by how quick his mood changed. This morning when he woke he was all smiles and sweetness, but after Ally came to call him out for Alpha stuff he changed. Maybe Ally could shed some light on his mood swings.