11 | daisies

Hey, quick shoutout to HoodInThaHouse  for reading a bunch of my stories and voting for them. You're the best and I just wanted to take a second to appreciate your existence : )

=========

"Mikey. There's someone here to see you"
Michael perked his head up, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He hadn't been expecting anyone. The boy placed his book down and slipped a sweatshirt on before leaving his room. When he got to the top of the stairs he could see his mum standing in front of the door, holding it open for someone. As Michael got closer all he could see was brown fuzzy material being held up by two pale arms.

"Hello giant teddy bear"
Michael greeted with a giggle. Karen chuckled, kissing Michaels head before leaving to the kitchen. The teddy bear was shifted out of the way and a smiley Luke was exposed. Michael blushed, giving Luke a wide smile.

"Good afternoon, love"
Luke greeted cheerfully.

"Good afternoon Lukey.
Who's your friend?"
Michael giggled, poking
the stuffed bears side.

"Oh, his name is duck and he
is for you. These are also for you"
The blonde said, shifting again until a bouquet of daisies were being presented to him.

"Lucas you're going to
have to stop buying me things"
Michael blushed as he held the door opened for Luke to come inside.

"That will never happen. Sorry babe"
Luke winked at the boy.

"My rooms the first door on the left. I'm gonna get water for those flowers"
Michael said with a blush. Luke muttered a response before heading up the stairs, trying not trip with the large teddy bear in his arms. Michael walked to the kitchen with a love struck smile on his face. The boy grabbed a small case from the cabinet and started filling it with a bit of water.

"So, you really like him?"
Karen asked, leaning against the counter. Michael blushed, turning the water off and wiping down his hands and the outside of the vase.

"I really do. He's different than how they were. He doesn't point out everything wrong with me like they did"
Michael explained, frowning slightly.

"Maybe you should tell him what
happened before we moved here"
Karen said.

Michael shrugged, kissing his mums cheek before heading upstairs. Luke was sat on Michaels bed when the boy got into the room. The fading pink haired boy smiled at Luke, delicately grabbing the daisies, unwrapping them, then carefully placing them in the vase. He placed the vase on his dresser before sitting down on his bed beside Luke.

"Th-there's
something...  that I should tell you"
Michael nervously said, staring down at his fingers. Luke looked nervous as he waited for Michael to tell him whatever this new information could be.

"In my freshman year, before I moved schools, I was best friends with two guys named Calum and Aiden. Calum had been my best friend since the 5th grade and over the years I grew a lot of feelings for Calum. In the 9th grade, when we met Aiden, I was practically fully in love with Calum. When Aiden found out, he immediately told Calum. Calum had made the soccer team so he was practically the most popular freshman in the entire school, so when he found out I was in love with him, he made a huge scene in front of the entire freshman class. He called me really mean names and said how he could never love someone like me. After that, everyone started picking on me and calling me names, pushing me in the hallways and against the lockers. I stuck it out until the end of the year before my mum found out and transferred me. Some people at the school found out about what happened but it wasn't as bad as before" Michael explained, his heart thumping uncontrollably.

"Did he ever try to talk to you?
Or apologize? That Calum guy?"
Luke asked. Michael shook his
head, staring down at his fingers.

"No. He never contacted me after I left"
Michael explained.

"Why'd you tell me that?"
Luke asked, leaning his chin against Michaels shoulder.

"I just feel like you needed to
know. It's because of that incident that
I'm so shy and have so many insecurities"
Michael said. Luke nodded. He laid himself down on Michaels bed and held his arms out.

"C'mere baby"
Luke said, pulling on Michaels sweatshirt until the boy obliged in laying down. Michael settled against Luke's side, laying his hand and head on the blondes chest. Luke ran his fingers through Michaels hair, kissing his forehead gently.

"I'd never do anything like that, ya know? I love you Michael, and I mean that. I love you physically and mentally" Luke whispered, placing small kisses along Michaels forehead and cheeks.

"I love you too Luke. Thank you"
Michael whispered.

"For what?"
Luke asked.

"For loving me even though
I don't love myself"