5 | peach roses

Luke was tentative for the next few days.

Every move he made felt hesitant. He tried hard not to look at Michael because every time he does he would catch the smaller boy already looking at him and they would both quickly look away, blushing hard.

But Luke didn't want to be hesitant anymore. And he decided he was going to ask Michael to go on a date with him.

But he was shy.

So during World History, his last class of the day, Luke decided to lie to his teacher and say that the music teacher needed him to leave class early and grab his guitar. Which wasn't a complete lie because he needed to get his guitar anyways, but he could have just waited until after school.

Ultimately his teacher allowed him to leave five minutes before the bell rang. The blonde, only having five minutes, sprinted down the empty hallways until he skidded to a stop in front of Michaels locker. He dug around in his pocket until he fished out the small key in there. The blonde turned the lock on Michaels locker and pushed the key in, unlocking the boys locker and swinging it open.

Luke slid his backpack off, unzipping it and pulling out a small bouquet of peach colored roses. He carefully placed them on the bottom of the organized locker. In front of it he placed a small teddy bear that's hands were positioned over its eyes. Then Luke placed a little box of chocolates against the wall of the locked, leaving a small note on the lap of the bear.

Just as the bell rang, Luke closed the locker, replacing the lock, then made his way towards the music room.

- - - -

Michael walked out of his English class, hugging himself in his sweater as he made his way towards his locker. His eyebrows furrowed when he saw Luke in front of his locker, locking the metal before quickly walking away. The short pink haired boy walked towards his locker and put in the combination, opening the door slowly and hesitantly. His eyes widened as a small gasp left his lips. A small smile crept onto his lips as he grabbed the note that was placed the lap of the adorable little stuffed bear. The boy shyly shut his locker, afraid of someone seeing and teasing him.

The boy slid to the floor, his back against the lockers as people passed him. Everyone left the hallway, leaving Michael to read the note that had his name on it. The pink haired boy opened the paper, his cheeks already burning red.

Dear Mikey,
I know you're very insecure and self conscious about the way you look and what people think about you, but I love the way you look. But physical appearance doesn't matter because I also love the way you blush when I look at you, and how you fix your flower crown because you forget that it's on your cute little pink head, and the way you shuffle your little feet when your nervous. I love everything about you Michael. And I want to love everything else about you.

So, will you go on a date with me?

Let me know, cutie.

-Luke