Best shot

(AN; the songs really inspired these next few chapters so listen to the songs while you read IF you want to XD thanks for reading!)

"I'll be here giving it my best shot, baby, your love's got more than I need. Here crying from the rooftops, nothing can stop us if we believe. Here giving it my best shot, baby, I find that we can be free. When you're here, here with me"~Best Shot, The Fault In Our Stars

Taehyung's eyes cracked open to the sound of shuffling around his room, momentarily forgetting the previous nights events, he assumed it was his mother "mom do you ever stop moving?" He grumbled, rolling over onto his stomach and letting the cover fall around his waist as he shifted. The sight oh Taehyung's bare back left Hoseok smiling, he'd been gathering his clothing and other belongings in preparation to go back to the dorm when he apparently woke the younger. Deciding to use the element of surprise in his favor, he lightly padded over to the bed and leaned down to press a delicate kiss to the curve of Taehyung's exposed back. The singer quickly rolled onto his back, staring wide eyed up at Hoseok in shock for a moment until his memory cleared. He visibly relaxed, huffing as he snuggled into the pillows "you scared me" Hoseok chuckled quietly and absent mindedly brushed his fingers in circles on the younger's bare shoulder "sorry. How are you feeling?" Taehyung yawned, looking up at his lover with a content smile "good. Tired, but good..." Hoseok nodded and placed a quick kiss to his bald head "I'm glad to hear it. Me and Yoongi have got to head back to the dorm to tell the others, oh and your mother mentioned a doctors appointment today? She told me to remind you before I left" Taehyung sighed "story of my life, sitting in a hospital. I don't know why they can't just let me die in peace, maybe I don't want to know what's killing me..." Hoseok frowned, swallowing thickly "you shouldn't say things like that, you're going to get well. I just know it darling" he flashed a small smile to the younger, but they both knew of the sadness behind it "well, I'm going now. Keep me updated ok?" Taehyung nodded slowly, gripping the older's hand "I will. But can you bring the others here? I need to talk to them all.." Hoseok nodded "absolutely." Then he leaned down to kiss the younger for a blissful moment, and left the room, leaving Taehyung to sit in thought.

Minutes blurred by into an hour before Taehyung realized it, and he was still staring up at the ceiling in thought. Maybe he could beat this, just maybe, he'd be able to live a full and happy life. Hoseok made it hard to be negative, he was always so optimistic, Taehyung envied that about the older. He had always been quietly skeptical about a lot of things, despite acting childishly innocent in front of the cameras. Soon however, a knock from his door snatched him away from his daydreams and he looked over to see his mother with her usual warm smile "good morning Tae! I brought you some tea" he smiled, gladly taking the cup from her and sipping the steaming liquid. She sat on the edge of his bed, noticing his bare torso "so... Did you have fun with Hoseok last night?" Taehyung coughed, glad he hadn't been mid sip, other wise he would've spit it out. His face and ears flushed red in embarrassment "m-mom!!" She laughed, shaking her head "oh calm down. I have ways of knowing everything..." She smiled fondly "he's a sweet boy Tae. He's good for you" once he'd recovered from his small coughing fit he stared at her with wide eyes "thanks... I'm lucky aren't I?" She shook her head "no. You're both lucky to have each other, oh and you're father will be home from his trip tonight in time for dinner. I told Hosoek to bring all of the boys over so I can properly meet them!" Taehyung sighed, adding "and more importantly, so dad can meet Hoseok hyung right?" She nodded with a mischievous grin "but of course!"

Taehyung chuckled at his mother, sitting the tea aside to rest his chin on her shoulder "I hope he likes him... But there's something that bothers me about Hoseok.." She raised an eyebrow, glancing him questioningly "what is it?" He sighed a moment, frowning "he hasn't told his parents about me. He told his sister, I even met her, but his parents still don't know..." She turned around to face her son, holding his face between her delicate hands "honey, he's probably just scared. Not everyone has the same parent/kid relationship that we do.. Plus he's probably worried about them knowing he's gay. But if they really love him, they'll accept you" he nodded "I guess so... I'm just afraid that he's ashamed of me.." She shook her head, smiling knowingly "trust me, he's not ashamed. I can tell by the way he looks at you..." They sat in silence for a few moments, smiling at each other before his mother pulled away "okay, time to get up! You need to get ready for your appointment" he whined, snuggling back into the covers "don't want to!" She chuckled, leaning over to coo "the sooner you get ready, the sooner we can get it all over, and I can take you to get ice cream after~" Taehyung quickly stared up at her, grinning widely "yes! Any flavor I want?" She nodded, making his smile widen "I'll be ready in ten!" Then with a final laugh, she left the room.