The last day

"There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful." ~ John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

Sunlight speckling through the curtains awoke Taehyung much too early for his liking. A soft sigh escaped his chapped lips as he stared vacantly up at the ceiling. Today was the day. This was it. His mother would be picking him up in the evening while the other members where resigning their contracts. Frowning, his thoughts drifted through the days plans 'spend the day with them, pretend to be sick when they go to the company, pack my shit and be gone by the time they get back..' A bitter laugh echoed from the back of his throat at a random thought 'shouldn't be that hard to act sick' his arm reached to his right where Hoseok always slept only to find it empty and cold 'must be eating breakfast already' he thought before forcing himself out of bed and tracing his steps carefully to the door way. His hand rested on the door handle, pausing momentarily and turned to observe his room. Their room.

Taehyung never understood how a room could hold so many meaningful memories, but when his eyes traced the room over he felt a bittersweet calm rush over him. Memory after precious memory played over in his mind. But the one he couldn't shake off, was from the previous day when Hoseok had proposed to propose. He fidgeted, tracing the band on his finger with a whisper "too bad he wasted so much money on it.." Then shook his head to clear his thoughts and opened the door.

He could only stand in the doorway with a gentle smile playing on his lips as the daily chaotic breakfast scene unfolded before him. Hoseok and Jimin had 'Touch My Body' playing on full blast whilst dancing along, perfectly in sync. Jungkook was giggling at his hyungs, rolling his eyes with a sassy remark that Taehyung couldn't quiet catch. Yoongi was merely sitting at the dinning room table, coffee in hand, as he and Namjoon watched the maknae line in amusement. And Jin was most likely still cooking breakfast. The normality both calmed and frustrated Taehyung. He wouldn't get to wake up to this every day, or sing in the studio, preform on stage, meet the fans he loved so much and hell, he was even going to miss long dance practices in which they missed meals just to perfect every step. It made him feel like an old man, knowing that the most beautiful moment in his life was sputtering to a halt right before his eyes.

If he was brutally honest with himself, it took every ounce of willpower and strength he had to take a step forward and not remain frozen in the moment. Time seemed to slow for a few glorious seconds as he savored the morning shenanigans his friends always ended up in. A smile crossed is lips as his heavy footsteps gradually made their journey to the kitchen where he took his usual seat across from Yoongi. The rapper stared at him with a sort of knowing gaze, as if he was trying to put himself into Taehyung's shoes. Namjoon smiled, greeting the younger "morning Tae, sleep well?" The singer nodded, sheepish smile forced across his lips "yep, Hobi hyung was worried about me the other night though.." Namjoom chuckled "yeah Jin finally caved last night when I got on my knees and begged for forgiveness..." Yoongi rolled his eyes "wow and you say that you're the man in the relationship" the younger rapper scoffed, rolling his eyes "I am! He calls me daddy-" about that time Jin emerged from the kitchen, eyes wide and cheeks aflame as he slapped the back of his boyfriends head "NAMJOON!" The table grew silent for a few tense moments, until Taehyung started laughing, causing Yoongi to chuckle along. Jin grabbed Namjoon by his ear, twisting it "Namjoon, can I have a word with you in the kitchen?" The rapper hastily followed his command, muttering "yes hyung!" Obediently.