Seven days

"The worst mistakes I've made have been the ones directed by sweet-natured hopefulness." ~Charles Baxter, The Feast Of Love

Day seven.
.
Taehyung awoke as usual, tangled up in Hoseok's warm embrace. Since sleep had been evading him, Taehyung found himself waking up earlier and earlier each day. But today he realized, was his last week. Sadness set in, and he soon felt the bittersweet tears prickling his eyes. He wouldn't be waking up to this any more, he'd never see his friends again. A gentle and sad smile graced his lips as his fingers threaded into the older's black locks. Taehyung knew he was getting sicker each day, he could just feel it in his bones. Knowing he had to leave his love behind killed him inside, and he found himself tracing along Hoseok's face to memorize each detail he could; like his jawline, nose, the small freckle near his ear, where his dimples showed when he chewed, and lastly Taehyung found his finger tips ghosting over the older's lips. As badly as it would hurt to leave it all behind, Taehying found himself smiling genuinely at a sudden thought. At least I lived long enough to find love. Moments after the thought passed through his head, Hoseok shifted and pulled him closer while mumbling "it's too early. Go back to sleep Tae.." Taehyung smiled, nodding in agreement and snuggling closer to the older.

~later that afternoon~
.
Taehyung and Hoseok finally emerged from their room, apparently just woken up judging by their appearances. Jin chuckled, shaking his head at the boys "good morning" Namjoon said sarcastically from the dinning room. Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked over to Jin "hey hyung? Do you want to go shopping?" Jin shrugged "sure. What do you have in mind?" Taehyung grinned "the mall! Just you and me hyung" Jin nodded "sure! I could use some alone time with my Taehyungie!" Hoseok rolled his eyes, asking with a chuckle "guess I'm not invited huh?" Taehyung shook his head with a teasing grin "sorry hyung. I wanna hang out with big bro" Jin rolled his eyes and smiled "how about we go after breakfast Taehyung?" The brunette nodded, grabbing Hoseok's hand and leading him to the living room where the other three members were. Hoseok sat down in the love seat, and Taehyung happily plopped down on his lap as he watched tv.

Later after a hectic breakfast and getting ready to leave, Taehyung and Jin slipped their coats on. The younger pecked Hoseok briefly "I'll see you later. Love you" Hoseok smiled, ruffling his hair "love you to Tae" Namjoon rushed over to the couple, pulling Jin into a kiss and pulling away to smirk at the older "I love you princess" Jin blushed, slapping his arm at the embarrassing nickname, and the stares from the other couple weren't helping "you to.." He mumbled shyly, causing Namjoon to laugh then drape his arm over Hoseok's shoulders "have fun, I know me and Hobi will! Call of duty?" Hoseok looked at the leader, grinning widely "call of duty!" Taehyung and Jin both chuckled at their boyfriends then turned to head out the door. When they got to the lobby of the building Jin suddenly smiled and pulled his keys out, causing Taehyung to stare at him in confusion "what are those for?" Jin smirked, stepping outside "my car of course" Taehyung stood in the doorway, mouth falling open "wh-what? Since when???" Jin shrugged "I've had it for a few months but I haven't really had a chance to drive it" The younger merely mumbled a quite "oh" before following Jin to the garage and getting in the older's silver SUV.

Their entire journey was filled with laughter, random conversations and occasionally singing along with songs on the radio. Soon enough they arrived at the mall, parking and quickly heading inside. As they walked in, Taehyung looped his arm through Jin's and flashed his rectangular smile at the older. Jin smiled, patting his head "I'm glad we're doing this Tae. I like shopping with you, the others are impossible to shop with!" Taehyung chuckled, nodding in agreement "yeah they're no help picking stuff out. Plus they always end up arguing" Jin laughed "so true!! But Tae?" The younger hummed "hmm?" And Jin continued "are you ok?" The question should've been simple, but Taehyung found it hard to talk. He kept his gaze downcast, avoiding eye contact until he composed himself. He took a shaky breath, licking his lips nervously before replying "of course" Jin sighed softly, deciding to pry slightly further "you don't sound very sure... You know, you can tell me if somethings bothering you right?" Taehyung nodded slowly, looking up at the older with a small smile "I know, and thank you for that. But you've just gotta trust me, I'm fine hyung" Jin wasn't very convinced but he still nodded, pointing at a shop he wanted to go in.