Chapter 39.

" Really, you guys met on the night of the party?" Says John.

I nod. " Yeah. I was mad and when I went into the woods I came across him. "

Connor nodded. He was currently holding my hand as we sat. We were sitting on the ground in a big circle. All mates next to each other with John by me.

" She has been the best thing that has ever happened to me since the day I got arrested. I mean escaping was nice, but finding your mate is way more amazing then that." Says Connor.

I smiled at him.  John smiled. After a while we were laying together on the ground.

Enjoying the time we get to spend together.

Soon it was getting close to daylight.

" We better get moving before our parents wake up." Says John.

" Yeah we better get going." I say sitting up.

Connor stood up and helped me to my feet. 

Together we all ran to the base of the woods at my yard.

Kurt said bye to Cassandra and kissed her forehead before looking at us.

Tasha kissed Clayton and hugged him before going to stand next to John and Kurt.

I looked at Connor. " Tomorrow before all this stuff happens I want time alone. Just you and me." I say.

" Well go to the lake we found and spend time alone there. I promise." Says Connor.

I smile at him. " Ok." I say. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him.

He kisses back right away. " Come on Amber we don't have much time before mom and dad wake." Says John.

I brake away from the kiss. " Fine. I'll see you tonight Connor. " I say.

" I'll be here waiting. I love you Amber. " says Connor.

" Love you to." I say.

Kurt and John have Tasha and I run forward first.

We get to the bush next to my window.

Kurt and John run up next quickly followed by Clayton.

John and kurt help Tasha and I up into my room before Kurt helps John.

Clayton then helps Kurt get up into my room before he takes off and disappears back into the woods.

I quietly close the window. Tasha and I get into our beds while Kurt and John go back to the beds they made by my door.

We quickly fell asleep. Tasha and I were soon woke by John.

" Wake up. Mom and dad left. Kurt's cooking food. " says John.

I nod and Tasha and I get up. I grab some clothes and dress in my room while Tasha goes to dress in the bathroom.

Afterwards we both heard downstairs to eat.

After eating Kurt said he had to make it to the pack house to meet with his father. 

He took Tasha so he could drop her off at her house.

Tasha hugged me goodbye and so did Kurt. They then left.

I look at John. " Tonight's the last night." I say.

John nodded. I hadn't really thought about it till now. It's kinda freaking me out.

What if this boss of the rogues does end up kidnapping me?

As if reading the unasked question in my eyes John answers.

" Don't worry. We will protect you with our lives Amber. I won't let that rogue to get you." Says John.

" John what if it does happen? What if there are to many rogues and you can't protect me and they get me?" I say.

" Don't worry. That won't happen." Says John.

" What about Conner?" I whisper.

" There's a way for you to strengthen your bond to him before this begins. You know what it is, but it's up to you." Says John.

Crap. I almost forgot about that. I could be closer to him if he marked me.

We would have our own mind connection.

I would also have a stronger bond to him.

" I don't know if I'm ready for that John." I say.

He puts his hands on my shoulders. I look up at him.

" Think about it. If you want to be closer to him. To know he will always be there for you. Marking is the first step to prove you trust him enough to let him do that. If your not ready. Your not ready  you'll know if you are tonight when your alone with him." Says John.

I smile at him. He was right. I haven't thought about it so I don't know if I'll be ready for it or not.

I guess I will find out when I'm alone with him tonight.

" Thanks John." I say.

" Anytime Amber. " says John.

He then went to clean up the kitchen. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.

It's good to know after just meeting him John already approves of him.

I had been told long ago about the mating process for mates.

Marking is the first step. I had forgotten about that with all that has been going on.

I've been so busy that it never crossed my mind until John said something about it.

I guess tonight I will find out if I'm ready.

John comes back after cleaning the kitchen. " Dad says for me to take you to the pack house. He wants you to talk to Alpha George before all this crap happens tonight. So get ready to go." Says John.

I nod and rush upstairs. I grab what I need and rush back downstairs.

John is waiting for me at the door. I smiled. He opens the door and let's me out first.

We start walking towards the pack house.

I can't help but wonder what Alpha George wants to talk about.

I know it has something to do with the boss of the rogues. I still can't help being curious.

I wonder if he will put more guards around my house just in case? Or send extra wolves into the woods to protect us and search for rogues?

As John and I near the pack house I see Kurt waiting at the door for us.

We walk up and he lets us in and we follow him into the meeting room.

I guess my questions are about to be answered.

I open the door and together we all walk in.

Comment and vote.

Hey guys. I'm so sorry for the really late update. I've really busy and never had enough time to write. I finally managed to get this chapter up and I hope you enjoyed it. :-)