Chapter 27.

As soon as her parents fell asleep we slowly made or way down stairs to the back door.

She quietly unlocks the door and opens it.

Tasha and I slip out of the door and close it gently behind us.

We then run to the woods. I know where Connor sleeps so she follows me.

" Do you think my mate might be in these woods?" Says Tasha.

" There's a good chance. I mean I found my mate in these woods." I say.

" I really hope so." Says Tasha.

As we made it closer to where Connor sleeps I start to wonder if her mate really is out here.

I also start to wonder if her mate is a escaped prisoner as well, and if so will he be as nice as my mate or will he be very mean and cruel?

I hope he's not mean. She's my best friend, practically my twin, and I hate seeing her upset.

We're about ten feet away from where Connor sleeps when I start to hear voices.

I grab Tasha's hand and tug her down with me as we make our way closer to Connor while hiding behind some bushes.

Then I hear the other voices along with his.

" Connor, it's been a week since you met her. When are you going to tell her your story?" Says a girls voice.

" She already knows why I was arrested, that I didn't do it and who my parents are." Says Connors voice.

" Have you told her about us yet?" Says a males voice.

I then realize that I recognize those voices. I know them from the one night I was laying with Connor and pretended to be asleep when he was talking to a boy and girl about me and keeping me safe.

" No, I haven't told her about you two yet." Says Connor.

" Why not? Connor she's your mate. Don't you trust her?" Says the girls voice.

" Of course I trust her. She's the only other person I trust besides you two." Says Connor.

" Then why haven't you told her yet?" Says the males voice.

" I haven't told her, not because I don't trust her. It's because after everything that's been going on in her life and mine lately, I didn't want to trouble her with anything else." Says Connor.

" She's your mate. She's not going to react badly to you telling her about us. Who knows, maybe when you finally meet one day we'll become great friends." Says the woman's voice.

I heard Connor sigh. " Your right. I'm just overreacting. Next time I see her I'll tell her about you two. Then soon enough I'll have you two meet her." Says Connor.

" Good, that's what I want to here." Says the woman's voice.

So Connors hiding these two from me. Well I already knew that, but I've been waiting for him to mention them.

I look over at Tasha and she's looking back at me.

' So he's been hiding these two from you?' She says through mind link.

' He thinks he has. I over heard them talking one night when I had been asleep next to Connor. ' I mind link back.

Her eyes go wide. ' So you knew?'

I smile. ' Yeah. I've just been waiting for him to say something.'

She smiles and shakes her head.

" What are we going to do about this rogue problem?" Says the woman's voice again.

Our head turn towards them. " I don't know. They just keep showing up out of nowhere. They just appear and somehow make it passed the packs borders without being detected." Says Connors voice.

" We've helped you fight some off. Plus we have fought off some of our own." Says the males voice.

" I thank you that. If you guys had t helped me the one time Amber and I were ambushed by some and I sent her away I probably would have been more hurt then I was or worse." Says Connor.

So that's how he survived without getting that hurt. Those two helped him.

I knew he must have had help cause those wolves were huge.

I would have been killed if I had gone up against them on my own.

" Then three rogues showed up at the lake when I took her there the other night." Says Connor.

" You killed them though." Says the males voice.

Tasha looked at me. ' He's the one that killed them?' Says Tasha through mind link.

I nod. ' Yes, we over heard them talking about how they were planning on killing my mate and my family, kidnapping me and taking me to their boss and it sent Connor over the edge and he protected me and killed them.' I say back.

' Well at least you know Connor will protect you no matter what.'  Says Tasha.

I nod. " Yes I did and I saw the wolves that were on patrol find them. They keep showing up though and they will keep on showing up till they have her but I'm never going to let that happen." Says Connor.

" Didn't you say some showed up right after you met her?" Says the males voice.

" Yes and from what she said three had attacked her and  her friend at her home before she ran into the woods and met me." Says Connor.

" So this rogue stuff has been happening a few hours before you guys even met?" Says the woman's voice.

I'm assuming Connor nodded because she continued to talk. " So what do we do?"

" I guess the only thing we can do till we find out where their coming from and stop it, is protect Amber and help protect this pack by killing what rogues we find." Says Connor.

" Sounds like a good idea t... " but the males voice stopped mid sentence, cause at that very moment the wind shifted and we could hear him sniffing the air.

" What do you smell?" Says the woman's voice.

" I don't know. It's hard to describe, but it's like the best... "

" Scent you've ever smelled." Says Connor.

" Yes. How did you know?" Says the males voice.

" Cause that's how I was when I first smelled ambers scent and everytime I smell it." Says Connor.

" Then that means..." Says the woman's voice.

I look over and see the Tasha's head is over the bush and she's staring straight ahead.

" There behind the bush." Says the males voice.

He must spot Tasha and they must have locked eyes because before I know it she's out from the bush and running over to him.

She stops in front of him. I had run after her trying to keep her hidden in the bush,  But now I'm  standing a few feet behind Tasha out in the open.

However no ones looking at me because right now their staring at Tasha and the other male.

Then he says the word I've been waiting to here. The very word I knew he would say.

" Mate."

Comment and vote.