Chapter 19.

I stand there frozen in shock.

This can't be true, it can't be!! Connors not a murderer and I know for sure he wouldn't kill his very own Luna.

" These people are dangerous and you must contact me right away if you see them. If you can not reach me, contact my bête or third. Do not engage them. Is this all understood?" Says Alpha George.

The entire pack says yes and we are let out of the pack meeting room to go on with our day.

I walk next to my family. They all seem nervous by all these people and what they were arrested for.

It however, affects me even more given the fact one of those people is my mate.

I have to talk to him about this, I have to get the true story of what happened. I have to know if it's true.

I'm so scared it is, but I know it's not, well at least I hope it's not. He said it's not and I trust him.

I'm not sure I can wait till tonight to talk to him.

My wolf hasn't said a word since it was announced what he was arrested for.

I can tell she's very angry about them accusing him for a crime like that, and deep down I'm angry about it as well.

" Amber wait up!!" Called Tasha from behind me.

I turn and look at her. " Yes Tasha?"

" Do you want to hang out today? My family is still going on and on about that guy Connor killing the Luna and I'm getting annoyed of hearing it already." Says Tasha.

" Go ahead, there's not much to do today. Just stay in the backyard and in or sight." Says my dad.

I nod and we go to my house. She borrows some of my clothes and we go into the backyard to talk.

" So Amber. You still haven't told me who the guy is you've been hanging out with at night." Says Tasha.

My eyes go wide as she says that. I look at her. " You know you can tell me anything right?" Says Tasha.

' What do I do?' I think.

' She's our best friend. Tell her it's our mate you've been seeing at night. Tell her things about him, but do not tell her it's Connor.' Says my wolf.

I look at Tasha. " The guy I've been seeing is my mate."

She squeals in happiness and embraces me in a tight hug. " I knew it was your mate."

I grin. " Ok tell me everything about him. When you met him, his personality, everything." She says after she lets me go.

I have to come up with a fake name for him so I don't give him away.

" His name is Cooper." Hey why not go with a name that seems rather close to his. Or that starts with the same first letter.

" He's very sweet and very kind. I'm not ready to show him to anyone yet so we've been meeting in secret each night. I met him a couple nights ago." I say.