Chapter 35.

As the night went on we all laid back in the grass. Cassandra in the middle of Connor and Clayton. Tasha and I next to our mates.

We laid like that and stared at the beautiful night sky.

It was beautiful outside tonight. We had moved to where Connor sleeps and were laying with the beam of moonlight shinning down upon us.

Connor has his arm around me while I curl into his side.

I had one hand on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat.

Both Connor and Clayton used their free hands to hold Cassandra's hands.

No one wanted this night to end. Tasha was curled up next to Clayton the same was I was with Connor.

Soon however we had to get up and go home.

Connor said it was very important they get us home about two hours before the sun rises in case of rogue attacks or our families finding out we were gone.

We went to Tasha's place first. Clayton went with her and hugged her before helping her to the second floor where she climbed into the window and waved by as we left.

Then came the hard part. My place.

Connor offered to help me but Cassandra and Clayton said no because he was the escaped prisoner people wanted arrested more.

Cassandra said she'd go with me. I nodded and turned to Connor.

I hugged him tight. " Stay safe Connor. Please?" I say.

" Don't worry. Nothing will happen to me. I'll be right here waiting for you tomorrow night. Healthy and alive. I promise. " says Connor smiling down at me.

I smile at him before I quickly stood up on my tip toes and kissed him before backing away. " I love you Connor. " I say.

" Love you Amber. I always will." Says Connor.

I then backed up and quickly left with Cassandra. We ran back to the place just below my open room window keeping a eye out for the guards around my house.

Luckily they weren't looking this way and didn't spot us.

Cassandra helped me get high enough to reach the window.

I grabbed onto the small ledge and pulled myself up and into my room. 

I looked back and waved at them. Cassandra had already made it back to Clayton and Connor.

I could tell they were talking lot Connor about us saying we love each other.

I smiled as they disappeared. I then ran quietly to my bathroom and quickly got in my pajamas before getting into bed.

' I can't believe how wonderful tonight was!! ' shouted my wolf in my head.

' I know. It was amazing. Just how I always dreamed it would happen.' I say back to her.

My wolf spent a while longer going on about how much she loved tonight before finally she stopped talking and I fell asleep.

I was woke the next morning by John.

" It's time to get up Amber. " says John.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw John standing above me at the side of my bed.

" Fine. I'm getting up." I say. He moved as I stood up.

He left the room so I could get ready for the day.

I went and grabbed some clothes and quickly took a shower and got dressed before making my way downstairs.

I met John in the kitchen. He had things set out to cook but has yet to start anything.

" I was going to cook something, but last time I cooked I burned everything. " says John.

" Smart move. " I say smiling.

I walked over and looked at all he picked. " Well you picked a good breakfast. Now move while I cook." I say.

John chuckled and moved out of the way so I could cook.

Soon I had bacon, pancakes and eggs put on the table.

John and I sat down to eat. " So where's mom and dad?" I ask.

John put some pancakes on his plate, then he looked at me.

" Dad left a few hours ago when Alpha George called him. Apparently a small rogue attack has happened. Mom went with him. " says John.

My eyes go wide at the news even though I knew it was going to happen.

" What happened?" I say.

" They managed to kill one of the guards during the fight. The guard had jumped in front of the younger guard the rogues we're going after. They were going after the weakest looking target. " says John.

Crap. They killed another wolf like the note said they would.

" Don't panic about this. Dad, Alpha George and Tasha's dad are handling this. " says John.

I nod and continue eating. Once were done eating there's a knock on the door.

John answers it and comes back with Tasha.

" Her mother dropped her off with some guards and now she's headed to the pack house. She asked if Tasha could spend the night. So she's staying over." Says John.

I nod and Tasha starts helping me with the dishes without me even needing to ask.

John has gone to the den and is watching tv, sitting in the chair closest to us so he could keep a eye on us.

So when talking we had to whisper.

" Did you hear about the rogue attack this morning?" I ask.

" Yes. My father wouldn't stop ranting about it this morning." Says Tasha.

" Apparently they killed a wolf just like the note said they would." I say.

" We have to tell Clayton, Cassandra and Connor about this." Says Tasha.

I shush her and check to make sure John is  still watching tv.

" Be a little quieter. We can't have John knowing who are mates are. If he finds out about Connor or Clayton he'll tell dad or Alpha George and they would get captured or killed. Oh and we will tell them this news tonight when we go see them. " I say.

Tasha nodded. " I don't want them captured or killed." Says Tasha.

I nod. " Same here. " I say.

" So what are you two talking about?" Says John as he leans against the counter.

" Just what were planning on doing tonight to keep our minds off of this rogue problem." Says Tasha, quickly coming up with a lie.

John seems to believe it. " Ok. Just remember. I'm here and there are many guards around the house to protect you two. So there is no need to worry." Says John.

We nod as we dry our hands and pass by him. 

I hug him. " We're headed upstairs for a little while. See you in a bit. " I say before we take off up the stairs to talk more about what's been going on and how we're going to sneak out tonight.

Comment and vote.